• sheep

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Chicks 'n ducks

Songster
Jan 23, 2018
Northern Colorado
Hello,
I am curious if Sheep or goats are more picky when it comes to soiled (like it touches the ground or gets poop in it) hay, slightly dirtied water, and other food, water, and mineral related things.
Overall are sheep or goats easier to take care of? which ones are more fun? (in your opinion).

Ummmmm...........you know me. I have a very biased opinion. :lau. I think goats are more fun as they come in different shapes, sizes, colors, etc., and they are much more smart. I have heard from my sheep-raising friends that their sheep won't touch hay that is slightly moist. They also won't drink dirty water. Sheep are easier to train for showing, but goats are great too, with a little practice. However, sheep will *sometimes* eat lower quality hay with fewer problems. Keep in mind this all totally depends on whether you are raising for meat, show, milk, or breeding.

Yes, I completely agree. I just don't want them going a whole day without drinking just because a piece of straw is in the water that I didn't catch. I've heard goats can be this way and I was wondering if it was the same with sheep. I would have a hay feeder for sure.

Yes, I completely agree. I just don't want them going a whole day without drinking just because a piece of straw is in the water that I didn't catch. I've heard goats can be this way and I was wondering if it was the same with sheep. I would have a hay feeder for sure.
Piece of straw in the water isn't a problem. Poop or dirt is.

My problem is a picky cow. She pulls out anything she doesn't like. :lau:hit

uyuy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom