Are these roosters? Lots of pictures.

Okay. I will go get some more pictures of the little barred one. Be right back!
smile.png

The Brown Cochin bantam and the black one are definitely roosters. The other ones you were questioning are hens. Their combs are big and red right now because they are probably about to start laying their first eggs.

I only see two roosters out of all of the chickens in the photos you posted. :)

Man, did I ever get a tongue lashing. My birds are not pets by any means of the word and this one did not appreciate me at all. This one came out of the bantam barrel too.

So here's some pictures of my little blue hen. So far everyone had thought Old English Game hen. What do you guys think? My husband calls her the pigeon.

And one more thing. I am starting to get eggs but I don't know who they are from. There are never any birds on the nest when I go out to the coop. I have gotten 9 so far. Here's a picture of three.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
The barred bird does look like a pullet, nothing else roosterish except that light color overall. But weird things happen with hatchery birds.

The barred bird does look like a pullet, nothing else roosterish except that light color overall. But weird things happen with hatchery birds.

X2.

the eggs could be from the RIR accused of being roos. Hen's combs and faces fill out and get real red when about to or are laying eggs.

Back
Top Bottom