Are these worms in my chickens poop?

JUJUBES

In the Brooder
Oct 13, 2023
Hi, I posted a couple of hours ago. Just need to know if you guys agree that these could be worms, if anyone know what type they could be that would be beneficial as well

My dog also plays with the chickens, I’ll be getting some for her as well 😢 on Amazon right now ready to check out some Safe Guard.

Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5622.jpeg
    IMG_5622.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5623.jpeg
    IMG_5623.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5623.jpeg
    IMG_5623.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5622.jpeg
    IMG_5622.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 13
Hi, I posted a couple of hours ago. Just need to know if you guys agree that these could be worms, if anyone know what type they could be that would be beneficial as well

My dog also plays with the chickens, I’ll be getting some for her as well 😢 on Amazon right now ready to check out some Safe Guard.

Thank you.
I don't see another post you made about worms.

It's very hard to tell what's going on with the poop. I'm not seeing anything that looks like a worm, if you will circle what you are referring to it may be helpful. @dawg53 may want to chime in.
What do you feed, including treats?
Do you provide grit for your chickens?
How long have you had them?

There's a lot of mucous and urates in the poop in the photo, so deworming may be a good idea.

To treat most worms that poultry can have except for Tapeworm - Safeguard dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row.
OR
Valbazen dose is 0.08ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days.

For Tapeworm, you will want to use Praziquantel.

I don't see another post you made about worms.

It's very hard to tell what's going on with the poop. I'm not seeing anything that looks like a worm, if you will circle what you are referring to it may be helpful. @dawg53 may want to chime in.
What do you feed, including treats?
Do you provide grit for your chickens?
How long have you had them?

There's a lot of mucous and urates in the poop in the photo, so deworming may be a good idea.

To treat most worms that poultry can have except for Tapeworm - Safeguard dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row.
OR
Valbazen dose is 0.08ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days.

For Tapeworm, you will want to use Praziquantel.
Hi, thank you so much. I’m not really sure if they are worms :( I feed them 16% layer feed, grit, corn for treats and calcium added to the feed + vitamins in there water

I ordered some Safeguard for them all, thank you very much

I didnt see any worms neither. I did see a small amount of red in feces in the first photo, which could be caused by sloughing of intestinal lining, or possibly something that was eaten and was red in color.
In any case, it wont hurt to worm your birds with either Safeguard or Valbazen. Both are very safe products and both are broad spectrum wormers, and will kill all types of poultry worms except tapeworms.

Back
Top Bottom