Are they to hot?

Quote:
OK, thanks. I will have to keep raising it then or until they sleep under it. I just thought it was weird, because with the paper towels down, they slept under the light, but ince I put the shavings in, they slept not totally under the light. So I figured I would ask the experts!!

Again, thanks for the help!

The Infrared bulb. Works by heating objects only directly in its light.(mostly) The chicks can enter the light ring (not above 95) to get warm. If they become too warm they will move to The outer edges. This allows them to be able to escape being cooked alive.

Hope this info helps.

God Bless!

The papertowels will (to an extent) reflect some of the heat waves. The wood chips retain more heat and a lil moisture. This is just my guess! Did adding the shavings raise th hight of the bed any? even an inch? If so then it would also cause the temp to rise. It will be ok. Jst some minor adjustments. If you see them staying huddled on top of each other alot then they are too cool. Not just snuggelng but piled for warmth alot!

Quote:
OK, thank for all your help! I guess I will just have to keep moving it and see what they like!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom