Arizona Chickens

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by paynemom, Jan 30, 2008.

1. pimachickens

pimachickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Tucson
    Quote:[​IMG] Problem solved!

2. honeycake

honeycake Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2011
    Quote:I wondered if our girls would be laying "real" eggs yet as the previous owners said they'd been laying for a little while already...turns out, yes, so far! Very excited about this and trying to contain myself...but I can't stop smiling!

3. pimachickens

pimachickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Tucson
    Quote:Congratulations! There is nothing like the first egg! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. honeycake

honeycake Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2011
    Quote:You got that right! I'm still smiling, hours later!

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Mikey D.

I didn't see that anyone answered your question.
    Nest boxes. 12" X 12" X 12". Make certain there is a lip in the front so they don't kick the eggs out.
    Mine stick out of the coop a bit so I can gather them from outside the coop.

Had a wonderful date night with DW for her B-day... we planned on going to Razz's in N. Scottsdale but when we got there, we (she) had forgotten the $100 gift certificate... so we did Red Lobster instead. Fun evening.

DD has the flu. I hate it when kids get sick and I'm praying I don't get it!

We are planting the rye grass at the office in the morning.

6. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    Quote:Good on ya for being able to do it! Yes it is rather gross, but after a few it gets easier [​IMG]

7. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    Quote:I did indeed!

http://i52.tinypic.com/mx10l2.jpg

Can't wait for my husband to get home...I called him and he was so excited, he sounded like a little kid. Yay egg!

Very cool! And pretty 'normal' (whatever that is) [​IMG] shaped, too. Some of our first ones definitely looked like "pullet bullets"[​IMG]

Yeah nice first egg honeycake!

Our flock #2 is currently 22 weeks plus (20 birds) and we are getting lots of pullet bullets and some of the peewee eggs are double yoke [​IMG] Some just started out laying nice mediums for us...

Cooler nights have also gotten the big girls laying with a vengeance again finally.....

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  8. pastrymama

pastrymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2010
    Phoenix
    Hey bill,

any eggs from the dellies, EE or fluffy blue? hoping they have settled in and cooler temps have helped them. the gals i kept were just starting to lay, so i have about 4 laying now, the wicked heat delayed quite a few of them, but combs are getting bigger and redder and they sure are talking up a storm! so i'm hopeful!

and i agree, bumblefoot surgery [​IMG] been there done that. i don't think anything "medical" done to a chicken can be considered anything but just gross.

ca
    i once had what i thought was a stuck egg in a brahma and someone told me to lube up a gloved finger and find out! [​IMG] it's just all disgusting. i hate cleaning boo boos off my kids sometimes.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  9. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Is it time for rye grass already?

10. Mikey D

Mikey D Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    Apache Junction AZ
    Quote:Way cool! I'm afraid I'm still months away yet.

gonna build the coop today though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by