Arizona Chickens

Quote:
Duh! Didn't even think of sprouting. Thanks for the idea.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
To increase mineral content without increasing bulk. After burining at 500+ degrees, all that is left is the mineral. Googled it last night when trying to figure out this feed.

Looks like this was my one and only Kruse purchase.
th.gif

Quote:
To increase mineral content without increasing bulk. After burining at 500+ degrees, all that is left is the mineral. Googled it last night when trying to figure out this feed.

Looks like this was my one and only Kruse purchase.
th.gif

So what ya'll are saying is that if I switch to a feed with less ash, I might actually get more than 1-3 eggs per day out of 8 layers?
barnie.gif
It's that simple of a solution?
he.gif
sheeeesh!

OK...what brands have the least amounts of ash? I'll start calling around looking for them.

Quote:
Nobody here in WB has Purina. I buy Purina if I "accidentaly" pass by a feed store that carries it. Otherwise I feed Nutrena. Chickens are ok with it and lay ok. But the price has gone up substantially lately! I am still contemplating finding a feed mill and bying bulk with other BYC members...

As far as the ash goes:
Seller version (or what the benevolent customer would think): ash is added for "mineral" content.
Business version (or what the sceptical customer would think): ash is added because it adds bulk without cost.

Quote:
The organic might not have ash (hence a lot more expensive). The regular clearly lists it (see earlier post with pic of ingredients).

Back
Top Bottom