Arizona Chickens

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by paynemom, Jan 30, 2008.

1. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    Quote:But if Kruse is crapola, why did my 4 hens give me 3 eggs a day through sucky hot summer?

dunno?? Meg Moringa seed need to get more planting done and next year we can just feed all of our chooks moringa leaves!!

OK- a bit bummed now. I posted baby pics and NO one ohh'ed and ahh'ed. So here is another broody/baby fix:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  2. ca

ca Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    Wickenburg
    Quote:But if Kruse is crapola, why did my 4 hens give me 3 eggs a day through sucky hot summer?

I only tried the non-organic. If you use organic that might explain it. Also who knows how old the feed was that I bought? Maybe that's why my chickens completely disapproved... lots of possibilities why some foods work for some chickens and not for others. But even if it's super fresh - I don't want to spend money on ash. We put that in concrete as a filler. It's personal thing [​IMG]. Maybe your chickens can get a gig on a Kruse comercial? [​IMG]

Southern: I'll ask at DD. I have some coupons as well.

Where is that MannaPro location in the valley?

3. nurseshelly

nurseshelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Gilbert AZ

dunno?? Meg Moringa seed need to get more planting done and next year we can just feed all of our chooks moringa leaves!!

OK- a bit bummed now. I posted baby pics and NO one ohh'ed and ahh'ed. So here is another broody/baby fix:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/71564_dsc02323.jpg

I must have missed the first one. Awwwww how cute!!!! How many babies do you have?

4. ca

ca Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    Wickenburg

Baby pics!? I missed baby pics!? [​IMG]

5. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.

I thought I did ! I remember was gonna comment on I love the name Penelope. If I got side tracked and didn't im sorry. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] The Beautiful babies! I think there's nothing sweeter than chicks following mamma around! [​IMG]

6. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    just 2 yesterday. This morning she has he butt planted too tight on the eggs for me to see what is under there. I don't want to disturb her incase she is "locking down"..Maybe this afternoon I will see more. She is just a baby herself, only 29 weeks old. I proud of the job she is doing so far!!

7. azpenguin

azpenguin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    Candled one of the eggs that I put under the broody silkie (this one is 5 days, the others are only 2-3 days. There were veins clearly visible. Long way to go, but we may just be onto something. If this egg hatches, it should be a black bantam cochin.

8. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Quote:Aw.....
    So sweet!

we can't have roo's here, so I don't think i'll ever get to experience something like this as long as I live here.
    It's nice to be able to enjoy it through someone else.
    Thanks for posting these.

9. mclevinson

mclevinson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
  10. mclevinson

mclevinson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ

I only tried the non-organic. If you use organic that might explain it. [​IMG]. Maybe your chickens can get a gig on a Kruse comercial? [​IMG] ?

Yes! That's IT! Their income can pay for lawyers to sue my HOA!!! And they work for chickenfeed... [​IMG] I crack me up.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by