Arizona Chickens

I almost forgot, Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there.
frow.gif

All right! my girls love the spent grains too, but ive been making a lot of cider lately so shes not getting as much as she would like im sure. And Happy Mothers Day everyone
hugs.gif

I pour a pile right in the middle of the run and sprinkle some around the yard for them to scratch at when they free range. They munch on it like there's no tomorrow.
Good to see another brewer here!

I pour a pile right in the middle of the run and sprinkle some around the yard for them to scratch at when they free range. They munch on it like there's no tomorrow.
Good to see another brewer here!
Same here, when I used to have a big ol flock it would start fights when Id pour in the grains so I would have to make 2 or 3 piles then through some out for scratch that usually kept them from fighting, they just cant seem to get enough of those steamin hot grains. I got into makin beer and keeping chickens at about the same time, they seem to go so well together
highfive.gif
Hi five for bein a BYC Brewer lol

Great news!! It's official! Daisy has been accepted into the flock!
yesss.gif
I noticed this morning there's no more pecking. She follows Rosco and Boss Hogg around all the time now. Rosco taught Daisy how the dust bathe this morning (which Boss Hogg hasn't even figured out yet). It was so cute to see Rosco literally taking Daisy under her wing to show her. They all eat and drink together now, and they share treats with her.

Also, Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! I'm a mom only to dogs and chickens, and neither got me anything this morning, lol. But I went out to breakfast with my running group this morning. My friend organizes it and once a month we get together to run and then leave a big tip at breakfast for a single working mother. Since it's mother's day, we went the extra mile to get our biggest tip ever, $1250. So hopefully a good day for her today too.
big_smile.png
We usually never see what happens afterwards because we just hand them an envelope on the way out the door. But the manager took a video for us so we could see. I've attached that below too...

Great news!! It's official! Daisy has been accepted into the flock!
yesss.gif
I noticed this morning there's no more pecking. She follows Rosco and Boss Hogg around all the time now. Rosco taught Daisy how the dust bathe this morning (which Boss Hogg hasn't even figured out yet). It was so cute to see Rosco literally taking Daisy under her wing to show her. They all eat and drink together now, and they share treats with her.

Also, Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! I'm a mom only to dogs and chickens, and neither got me anything this morning, lol. But I went out to breakfast with my running group this morning. My friend organizes it and once a month we get together to run and then leave a big tip at breakfast for a single working mother. Since it's mother's day, we went the extra mile to get our biggest tip ever, $1250. So hopefully a good day for her today too.
big_smile.png
We usually never see what happens afterwards because we just hand them an envelope on the way out the door. But the manager took a video for us so we could see. I've attached that below too...

Very nice of your group!!

barnie.gif

BAH!!!
rant.gif
RANT RANT RANT!!!
somad.gif
UGH!!!
hit.gif
City of Phoenix made me get rid of my 2 BEAUTIFUL roosters that I have had for years.
he.gif
Its SO hard to have chickens when you cant have a roo. I so used to look forward to and LOVED being surprised by a hen greeting me in the morning with her new "secret" brood.
love.gif
My chickens free range and have lots of hiding places. I guess I will never have that again.
sad.png
I don't know why they (the city) picked on me as many of my neighbors down the street have ROOS and They still have theirs, even tho the "inspector" comes into our neighborhood at least 2-3 times a week. ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW HOW TO "HIDE" A ROO ????
hide.gif
Sorry my first post in a LONG time was so negative . On a nicer note : HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

Back
Top Bottom