Arizona Chickens

Ya Texas Lilac is also known as Mexican Lavendar, Monk Berry, Sage Tree and some others. I cant find any out here if anyone has any seeds or if they can clip the flower spikes and send them to me I woild apreciate it. My mailing address is P.O. Box 3176 Dateland AZ 85333.

@a little chiken I think they are worth it. You can put a LF (or more) in it as well if you need to use it as an infirmary. It also came with steel hooks that you can hold it down in the grass/ground. Just unzip the bottom (if you wish) and the littles can play outside.

http://www.thelashop.com/45-octagon...gclid=COag2KHbzL8CFRWVfgodnlEAig#.UTmWADeME7o

I got mine here and it is the 45" diameter but there are smaller and larger sizes. You can shop around also they come in different colors as well. Just google puppy playpen. To clean it, just take it outside and hose it down. I found terramigo wood pellets are not as dusty as pine shavings to use for the flooring.

I use the Brinsea ecoglow 20 heating element to keep them warm. No need to worry about heat lamps.

Does everyone on the Arizona forum all live in the Tucson area?  I think I've only noticed only one person that lives in the Prescott area but everyone else lives in southern Arizona.  No offense to anyone and I'm not complaining but sounds like a SACC - Southern Arizona Chicken Click.
. Yes it dose, but it is not. We just do not have many from the rest of the state. Please help use become more AZ BYC. I know of a number of others, from above I-40 and not fare from it to the south. Some have spotty internment service or they only post occasionally. My good friend, Flower, is in The north East part and posts only occasionally, I know she has internment like mine, we need to travel to get to it. I'm Pheonix, but for the next couple of yearns I will be traveling all over the US. August and September I will be in Iowa and Minneasota. Then heading south again. Have not decided on ware yet.
----------------
----------------
My girls are doing fine, Ethal is getting close to laying her first egg. Have not added a nesting box yet. Not to sure how I am going to add it. They roost at night in the closed side. I think I am goiing to try to turn it into nesting box, but that is also the side they use to go into the coop. Thought of cutting box shape in one side then making a nesting box that I can slide in and out, in when we are moving. But the idea is to let them have some space when I have stopped moving to move around in.

Went to Montoke fishing and to check out the area. I think I will go there with the girls to camp 2 or 3 days. It will be the first challenge to "pet friendly" RV parks. On my way there I was able to snap this picture:

I didn't caught ant trouts, but I did caught fish... :th

:welcome   :weee yay another NN lover!!!!!! or it looks like a Naked Neck. welcome. I live in Tucson too. where are you located. I am in SW Tucson.

Haha!  I love my NN!  I have always been interested in them, and finally kept one.  I was hoping for a hen, but looks like I got a handsome cockerel!  I am in N Tucson. :)

What color egg do the NN. Lay? & about how many per week?

@City farm
 @K9Dave

I felt so left out now since I am so experienced......:caf

Ahhhh, :th. there is plenty of us that feell left out it seems. Hope ya all can make it to the seed gathering,party,chicken,garden, roasted marshmallow ect.......
Once we have that everyone will feel much better.
We all will have free seeds & the knowing & doing of what button to hit... :weee
Actually by then we all might figure out how to use BYC..

Not fell, feel.. Agh, so funny..

Last edited:
Thanks for all the welcomes. :>  My chicks are about 10 weeks old, so the large comb and waddles are what make me think roosters.  I think the black one is an Australorp, but he has feathered feet.  Is that typical on that breed?  The other rooster is a Naked Neck.  Not sure on the red pullet…I've heard Red Sex Link and Golden Comet.  I got the eggs from a friend who has a mix of chickens, so mine are probably also a mix. :)  Who is planning on getting rid of some hens?  Do you think anyone wants to add a rooster to their coop?  :-D

Since I am a few post behind, someone probably answered already.. The black one could be a Marans.. We are giving a way a few hens.. Just have to decide who is going?? :oops:

Thanks for all the welcomes. :> My chicks are about 10 weeks old, so the large comb and waddles are what make me think roosters. I think the black one is an Australorp, but he has feathered feet. Is that typical on that breed? The other rooster is a Naked Neck. Not sure on the red pullet…I've heard Red Sex Link and Golden Comet. I got the eggs from a friend who has a mix of chickens, so mine are probably also a mix. :) Who is planning on getting rid of some hens? Do you think anyone wants to add a rooster to their coop? :-D
ME, ME! :yiipchick I have a lot of hens, that if they do not find new homes soon, will be stewing hens! I have two 2-year old Rhode Island Reds, eleven 3 to 4 month old RIR pullets (just discovered I was getting stubs on the offspring this year, so A LOT of them are going---layers only, not for breeding), two olive-eggers from last year, a whole flock of New Hampshire hens since I've decided to downsize and not keep them, Black Copper Marans, hens and pullets, Barred Rock pullets, also have 6 red sexlinked pullets, those are only 2 months old but need to be gone. Oh, and 3 project Delaware hens. Too many birds, not enough space or time. Pricing will be reasonable. Here are some pics I took today of some of the younger ones I'm selling.
Your birds are beautiful...

Are you going to order by mail?  If so, I wonder how many of them still ship....  where you located? If you do get some and close to Chandler/Tempe, I would like to get some too.

Ideal Poultry and they are still shipping CX.    I use Ideal because I do such small #s and they only charge $7 for shipping.  Every other hatchery charges a fortune, more than the dang cost of CX chicks.  I'm in Tucson.  Ordered 12, requested no packing peanuts this time.  I'll see how they are going to do.   I think they're going to be fine. 

I can't wait till I'm retired (presumably this will happen) and can have a "natural" chicken set up.  I'll be able to get beautiful dual-purpose birds from someone like desertmarcy and I'll have all the space and time I need to never support the hatchery business again.  For now though, fast and cheap meaties for the win. 

Let us knw if they all make it there alive..

Back
Top Bottom