Arizona Chickens

Hi everyone does anybody know anyone that raises good quality seramas in AZ? I know there is someone in avondale but i lost her contact info. Thanks
I was interested last year in possibly getting Seramas but never did. When I was talking with the woman over at Padillas Peeps (Cody's mother) she informed me she has a friend who breeds Seramas and she would be taking several from him to sell from her home since the breeder breeds them in his garage and can't keep very many at a time. She doesn't have Seramas all the time but you could try asking her if her friend is still breeding them. http://www.padillas-peeps.com/index.html

Well almost done with my brooders. Should be finished with them in the next day or two. I will post pics when they are finished. I probly went overboard on my design, lol.

Oooo, nice. Cant wait to see..
Unfortunatly, I never got a chance to work on it today. Too busy of a day at work.
And we are on day 18 with the chickens, woohoo!

Last edited:
not pro. But I am pretty sure you can't do that. You need to get a 24v transformer and make sure the wattage is equal or higher than required input wattage of the device.

not pro. But I am pretty sure you can't do that. You need to get a 24v transformer and make sure the wattage is equal or higher than required input wattage of the device.
and the amps need to be correct also. Volts are one thing, overloading on Amps could destroy your device and/or hurt someone.

None huh? Well, can anyone tell me is it "okay" to run from 120v to a 16v transformer then to a 24v device to operate the device?
YOU NEED AN ADAPTER IN ORDER TO REDUCE VOLTAGE. Once you go to 16v you cannot upgrade to 24v. Need to reduce voltage from 120v to 24v, if that's your final need. Voltage adapters are pretty cheap. I use them all the time in my recording studio.

I think the heat is starting to get to my girls egg count is way down right now. They spend a lot of time in the mister keeping cool so they're definitely not overheating they're just worn out from the high temps I think. Some of them look to be molting a bit too. They're about a year and 3 months now and have yet to do a serious molt so I think the bit of bald spots they're getting on their necks over the past month might be their first real molt.

My EE Eleanor the one with the pendulous crop has gone about a week without her bra for the first time since I put it on over 6 months ago and she seems to be doing well. She hasn't gotten sour crop this week though I haven't put them on FF again yet because I think that's one of the things that caused her problems. It seems all these months with the bra on her crop got some elasticity back. Hopefully it stays that way.

oh and here's an update pic of the littles. They're about 3 months now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone. Unfortunately, not everything I have has amps listed. The 120VAC house power is connecting to a 120VAC 6A device then to a 16V/10W doorbell transformer. Which is guess makes is .625 amps? From there it is connected to a sprinkler valve that doesn't list any power specifications and only says will run on a standard 24V sprinkler timer. I'm not using a timer. So I either need to find a 24V transformer/reducer or find a 16V sprinkler valve?

I have tested this setup and I can hear the sprinkler valve click off and on when I flip the activating device. I'm just worried to leave it that way for any long period of time.

I promise this has to do with chickens!

Back
Top Bottom