Arizona Chickens

Well I don’t think I can eat him. I just can’t bring my self to that. And I can’t just leave him out for the coyotes. No calls from anyone interested :hit

Well I understand not eating him, and I definitely understand not putting him out to die mercilessly
is it possible to give him a bachelor pad next to the others? I'm do that with China, and she protects and looks out for the flock by warning them, growling and fighting off Rottweilers

I always take mine to Jacob Kelley - its much easier and you know the set-up. I haven't had to rehome a rooster in about a year/year and a half.
@BlueBaby would the people who did your processing have anybody who needs a rooster for whatever?? Might be a try........

I got the right kind of neosporin, have my PRID and wrap ready. I'm off to tackle some bumblefoots! Update on Momo, she is still alive- thankfully. Her crop is still impacted. I massage her throughout the day and she gets olive oil, grit and ACV water. She still has watery poops and is not laying, but today she is very perky and acting like a regular chicken. She even ate a little food and cucumber. I really hope she can come around and get better. If the crop sours I might try to get her to vomit, but that is really dangerous because they can choke very easily. I'm just happy she seems to feel a bit better today, although I know we aren't out of the woods yet. She is truly a special hen.

I always take mine to Jacob Kelley - its much easier and you know the set-up. I haven't had to rehome a rooster in about a year/year and a half.
@BlueBaby would the people who did your processing have anybody who needs a rooster for whatever?? Might be a try........

Well, as you already know I used to give my extra cockerels to the guy that live near by that has the pond in his yard. He used them to help keep the bug's down because they would eat them. They lived well, until something got over the fence and got them. Even a coyote can jump a 7-foot fence, and most people only put up 5-foot fences.

One of the extra White Breese boys has been out in my unfenced yard now for 2 months. The 2 Blue Australorp boys have been out there for only a couple of weeks. When I walk around in the back yard area out there, all 3 boy's follow me around like puppies.

1C2AAD33-F04B-42D7-868C-F7FE3D67DD8B.jpeg
Denver

Back
Top Bottom