Arizona Chickens

We got the PRID on with the vet wrap secured with a waterproof tough strip bandaid. Lady is NOT happy and keeps trying to rip it off! She has spent the last hour trying to run away from her own foot and tear at the strip with her beak :hmm I hope it stays on through tomorrow.

I suppose that this would be a good time to have one of those peeper thing's that keeps bully chickens from pecking at flockmates. Maybe it would help her with the foot thing?

We got the PRID on with the vet wrap secured with a waterproof tough strip bandaid. Lady is NOT happy and keeps trying to rip it off! She has spent the last hour trying to run away from her own foot and tear at the strip with her beak :hmm I hope it stays on through tomorrow.

:lau sorry but I can just imagine...I hope she's better soon!

I got the right kind of neosporin, have my PRID and wrap ready. I'm off to tackle some bumblefoots! Update on Momo, she is still alive- thankfully. Her crop is still impacted. I massage her throughout the day and she gets olive oil, grit and ACV water. She still has watery poops and is not laying, but today she is very perky and acting like a regular chicken. She even ate a little food and cucumber. I really hope she can come around and get better. If the crop sours I might try to get her to vomit, but that is really dangerous because they can choke very easily. I'm just happy she seems to feel a bit better today, although I know we aren't out of the woods yet. She is truly a special hen.
I'm glad she's on the road to recovery that's a good sign
That's funny!, funny hen I just used the vet wrap and after a few pulls they left it alone I thought they would react like yours did poor chickens if they could only understand... lol

I was just sitting here thinking (yes, I know that can be dangerous :gig). I think that I need to get a few t-shirts made up that will have a rooster on it, and then wording around the rooster saying "Free Rooster's! Just ask me!" I could wear them when I have to go into town to grocery shop or pick up more feed. ;)

@DesertChic hope your hubby is doing better and things are trying to calm down. You have been in my thoughts. I keep sending positive thoughts your way.

Thank you so much. Unfortunately, we got a bad MRI report today and are heading back to the doctor on Thursday to try to figure out where to go from here. It's been a rough year.

Thank you so much. Unfortunately, we got a bad MRI report today and are heading back to the doctor on Thursday to try to figure out where to go from here. It's been a rough year.

I'm sorry that you got the bad MRI report! I was so hoping that the road was going to be smooth going forward for the both of you. :hugs

80F106EF-2540-4DCD-BAC9-1893DBD6A1C6.jpeg
We had to change motels. The first one looked like a murder took place in it. Complete with complementary fly swatter.

@BlueBaby I think that is a fantastic idea! Could be a good way to rehome some extra roos, and if nothing else, you get to wear a custom t-shirt.
@meetthebubus I wish so badly they could understand! I keep telling her the wrap is better than foot surgery...silly chickens. How long did you keep the PRID on? Sorry I think I asked a few weeks ago but I forgot :rolleyes:
@Suzyqschickens The feed store in Marana (Triple L) used to take in roosters, I think the owner still does. I can call and ask them if you want. He lets them all live on his property. I know it is a far drive for you, as it is closer to Tucson, but it might be worth looking into as a last resort. Rooster road trip!

Back
Top Bottom