Arizona Chickens

Yes, slow, like he's just doing it to shake his wattles.

I suspect it has some meaning to them. Like, "Look at me, aren't I handsome?" or "Don't come any closer buddy!" or ? I have a young Rhode Island Red cockerel, around 7 months or so, that does the shuffle dance in his pen every morning when I go out to feed. He is just full of himself, raging male hormones and no females with him. It is kind of funny. Sometimes I'll pick him up and when I set him back down, he acts so insulted and has to shuffle some more. They are funny birds.

I may be adding breeds needing help myself but chickens rather than ducks. Thinking of getting some Rhode Island Whites with the rose comb, Crevecouers & Campines. Was looking for Lamonas, White Hollands & Black Spanish but I don't think they exist anymore.

there is someone on Tucson's craigslist with WF black spanish. They claim they are show quality.

WEIRD COCK BEHAVIOR
OK, my biggest Jersey Giant cockerel is 6 months old now. He is about 18" tall and about 10 pounds. His comb and wattles are getting really big. The last few days, I've noticed he sometimes shakes his head side to side. Is he just trying to get used to the weight of his wattles, or what? Is this normal behavior for this stage of development? Will post some pics when I download them off my camera.
My rooster does the same thing so I would have to say it's a normal behavior for roos,

Penguin teaching her chicks to dust bathe.
This morning I helped her find four big juicy grubs. One for each of them :)

BIGFOOT PICS
OK, here are some pics of Bigfoot, and the last pic has him posing with one of his little brothers.

Bigfoots tail is a little ragged, his sickle feathers are still growing in from the last molt.

BIGFOOT PICS OK, here are some pics of Bigfoot, and the last pic has him posing with one of his little brothers. Bigfoots tail is a little ragged, his sickle feathers are still growing in from the last molt.
When I saw the heading "Bigfoot Pictures" I thought you were posting pictures of the Dong Tao/Ga Ho chicken! Your Bigfoot is a handsome fellow! Please post pictures of him when he's done with his molt.

Looked to see. That is Michelle Boyer, of Fine Feathered Friends Aviaries, who I mentioned had them. Yes, they do show their birds.

Thank you both for the information. Dh is saying since I now have just under 50 chickens he'd rather that I choose 1 other breed. Since he's the coop builder (mine came out lopsided & terribly ugly but was awesome in my imagination) & he cleans the coops when I'm having a flare up, I can't argue with him. I'm going to get some Rhode Island Whites, rose combed not single combed.

Back
Top Bottom