Arizona Chickens

Thank you, it’s always hard to lose a hen. And you’re right, she was on the bottom of the pecking order so hopefully it won’t change things up too much. Someone else may have to take her spot on the lower end but ironically the hen that used to bully her the worst was also on the bottom of the pecking order herself! So now that she has no one to bully perhaps it will be a little more peaceful. Who know with chickens, only time will tell!

I'm sorry you lost Biddie :hugs

Hi! My mom's name was Carmen, which I gathered from her was an unusual spelling of the name, but I haven't found it to be so.

When I first moved to AZ I was offered a place in GV, on Verde past where it turns to dirt on the side of the highway where the bingo hall is. We were "rent-to-own'-ing it, so the *title* was in my name, but the *mortgage* wasn't, so when the guy stopped paying the bill, we were booted off. We lived in an RV for a few years up at the outpost, then hubby said: "nope, I'm going into town." So we got an apartment in town, then eventually we ended up here on the *other* side of town, within walking distance to the college.

I hardly ever go on Facebook anymore, too much drama, drama, drama! People are rude, assume the worst of you, actively troll you for fun, and yeah, just don't need that in my life. I do have a gardening group I visit once in a while, so I might check out the cluckers group.

Thanks for the welcome!
Sad that you got ripped off by that person, that sucks, you were doing what you were suppose to be doing.. I can understand the drama..lol, I admin/own a couple of groups and they are especially for those that like to stir things up, Politics etc. keeps most of it off of Golden Valley living. I do have my GV Homesteading group, no drama allowed.. We'll have to make arrangements to get together one day.. catch up somewhere and have iced tea or coffee

Hello folks. Hope you're all doing well! Hasn't the weather been fantastic so far this year?

The chicks are doing great, almost 3 weeks old and feathering out beautifully. There are 2 I'm pretty sure are roos based on combs. I fed them this afternoon and they're all quite vigorous when it comes to scratching around in their coop. They crack me up! Unfortunately we culled one. The little thing couldn't walk well or hold itself up on it's legs. That leaves us with an even dozen though which is more than enough.

Anyway have a great day all :frow

Hello folks. Hope you're all doing well! Hasn't the weather been fantastic so far this year?

The chicks are doing great, almost 3 weeks old and feathering out beautifully. There are 2 I'm pretty sure are roos based on combs. I fed them this afternoon and they're all quite vigorous when it comes to scratching around in their coop. They crack me up! Unfortunately we culled one. The little thing couldn't walk well or hold itself up on it's legs. That leaves us with an even dozen though which is more than enough.

Anyway have a great day all :frow

Yes, it has been nice! We usually seem to go from winter, right into summer. This year, we actually have a spring! :yesss:

My chick's are growing out also, and are all pretty active out there. Right now the Naked Neck and the silkie chick's are still together. I'll be separating them in a couple more week's when the Naked neck's start getting too big. I'm starting to watch for the comb size and color of the comb's now, so I'll know who the boy's are. That will thin some of them down.

Yes, it has been nice! We usually seem to go from winter, right into summer. This year, we actually have a spring! :yesss:

My chick's are growing out also, and are all pretty active out there. Right now the Naked Neck and the silkie chick's are still together. I'll be separating them in a couple more week's when the Naked neck's start getting too big. I'm starting to watch for the comb size and color of the comb's now, so I'll know who the boy's are. That will thin some of them down.

I have a couple of suspects already based on combs. They'd be pretty boys. One is the brown one and another has a bunch of blue on it. I'm kinda bummed about that one!

Back
Top Bottom