Arizona Chickens

What about that one Veteran's place that you sell those egg's at? Couldn't you put up a notice there that you have rooster's to downsize? Someone there might take some of them off your hand's.
That's a great idea.. most there that sell eggs have their own flocks, but I can look at putting up a sign.. I'm figuring two weeks at the most for them to find new homes, my hens can't take anymore and I can't afford to keep feeding them..lol. Have a person here that is creating a house made from sand (feed) bags, I just took them a feed bag over stuffed with feed bags, plus one I could not get stuffed in there, I think with as much as these little piggies eat, they ought to be as big as cows..lol

That's a great idea.. most there that sell eggs have their own flocks, but I can look at putting up a sign.. I'm figuring two weeks at the most for them to find new homes, my hens can't take anymore and I can't afford to keep feeding them..lol. Have a person here that is creating a house made from sand (feed) bags, I just took them a feed bag over stuffed with feed bags, plus one I could not get stuffed in there, I think with as much as these little piggies eat, they ought to be as big as cows..lol

When I have extra roo's available I just give them away for free, and let them know that they can breed them or eat them. The last 3 that I gave away will be used for breeding.

I have lot's of empty feed bag's that I was hoping to find someone that could use them for some type of craft, and I also have extra egg carton's if someone can use them.

When I have extra roo's available I just give them away for free, and let them know that they can breed them or eat them. The last 3 that I gave away will be used for breeding.

I have lot's of empty feed bag's that I was hoping to find someone that could use them for some type of craft, and I also have extra egg carton's if someone can use them.
These guys will be going for stew pot or new blood for the flock, the customer's that I have now for eggs, are bringing back the cartons I've given them eggs in, my sister in law brought me literally boxes of egg cartons, primarily the 18 counts but some dozen count. The feed store where she works has gone out of the egg business, so didn't need them. Guess they are going to eat the eggs that the hens they have to sell lay. That's where I got Charlies girls from. You might try listing your bags and cartoons in FB or Craigs list. I belong to a local FB group called Mohave County Cluckers.. giving them away that way would be easy, I also belong to a group called Golden Valley Living, that is where I found the person wanting the feed bags.

These guys will be going for stew pot or new blood for the flock, the customer's that I have now for eggs, are bringing back the cartons I've given them eggs in, my sister in law brought me literally boxes of egg cartons, primarily the 18 counts but some dozen count. The feed store where she works has gone out of the egg business, so didn't need them. Guess they are going to eat the eggs that the hens they have to sell lay. That's where I got Charlies girls from. You might try listing your bags and cartoons in FB or Craigs list. I belong to a local FB group called Mohave County Cluckers.. giving them away that way would be easy, I also belong to a group called Golden Valley Living, that is where I found the person wanting the feed bags.

Well, during the hot summer's the empty feed bag's can be used in area's around the pen for creating extra shade, or to help keep some of the rain water out during the monsoon. You have to attach the bag's with the open side down, so they won't fill up with water.

I'm afraid that I might be needing those egg carton's that can hold a bigger egg then just the large size. Some of these are getting pretty big now, and I get worried if I'll be able to close the lid's. :gig

Well, during the hot summer's the empty feed bag's can be used in area's around the pen for creating extra shade, or to help keep some of the rain water out during the monsoon. You have to attach the bag's with the open side down, so they won't fill up with water.

I'm afraid that I might be needing those egg carton's that can hold a bigger egg then just the large size. Some of these are getting pretty big now, and I get worried if I'll be able to close the lid's. :gig
Drainage isn't to bad for my run, although if the rain is heavy enough it will be a mud puddle for a while, the children have shade cloth on their runs. I know what your saying about the egg cartons, I've had a few that I wasn't sure I was going to get the lid to close.. one I had to put a rubber band around to lessen the chance of it opening.

1580158775884.png
These are my two main Roo's now, I still have one that isn't old enough yet to be wanting to do the wild thing. I suspect that I have two more that are only 4 to 5 months old. the 7 Roo's that I had in the bachelor pad went to a new home yesterday, don't know if the lady was being honest with me when she said she kept roo's as free range guardian's or not, but that is ok with me, Hen's provide breakfast and Roo's provide Sunday Dinner.. These guy's names are original, lol. Top one is big boy and bottom is little guy.
1580158799040.png

Back
Top Bottom