Arizona Chickens

Suzyqschickens

I just have a simple question about the incubator. Not for my self use, but as a possible recommendation to the many peeps that post here on BYC asking questions.
I see the price as affordable for a 32 egg capacity. :thumbsup I see it has automatic egg turner. Do you remove those eggs from the yellow trays at lockdown??
I watched a short video clip on Amazon, and it showed the chicks running around on the lower level.

Suzyqschickens

I just have a simple question about the incubator. Not for my self use, but as a possible recommendation to the many peeps that post here on BYC asking questions.
I see the price as affordable for a 32 egg capacity. :thumbsup I see it has automatic egg turner. Do you remove those eggs from the yellow trays at lockdown??
I watched a short video clip on Amazon, and it showed the chicks running around on the lower level.
Yes the little yellow trays lift right up and you disconnect the “candling” lights which are kinda cool but probably only work if you have 32 eggs in there otherwise it blinds you lol! I do recommend this one as affordable easy to use and a high hatch rate. Haven’t cleaned it out yet so can’t speak on that. So other than the chick falling below deck I have no complaints but knowing what I know now I can fix that

I have an automatic turner in mine, and that need's to be removed when you start the lockdown. The egg's are to stay in there layed on their sides. It helps to keep track of where the aircells are located at before you enter lockdown and mark them. That way you will know to place the side that has the biggest airspace in it sitting upwards when you lay them down in the incubator. That is normally where the chick will do the first crack in the egg.

So 10/11. I will take that!!! The last two learning how to walk!!! I’m so excited :wee :wee:wee

Attachments

• ACE59A43-586C-4844-B4ED-888AEBD9B551.jpeg
    ACE59A43-586C-4844-B4ED-888AEBD9B551.jpeg
    408.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 0CADAEE3-CB62-4E5D-9523-73741660E3E8.jpeg
    0CADAEE3-CB62-4E5D-9523-73741660E3E8.jpeg
    398.2 KB · Views: 1
My project for the day was to put up wind blockers on the north side of the breezy "summer" coop which is now the egg layer +Roger coop since I turned the newly rebuilt "winter" coop into the Holland breeding pens (not yet breeding or even laying).

I got the door and a good portion of the north side wind blockers on this afternoon! They should be much happier/warmer now. Yesterday started out 33 (but felt like 21 with the windchill). I just used part of a roll of clear UV stable heavy duty woven landscape fabric that I had in storage. It's actually very good as a wind block and the clear color still lets light in!

My project for the day was to put up wind blockers on the north side of the breezy "summer" coop which is now the egg layer +Roger coop since I turned the newly rebuilt "winter" coop into the Holland breeding pens (not yet breeding or even laying).

I got the door and a good portion of the north side wind blockers on this afternoon! They should be much happier/warmer now. Yesterday started out 33 (but felt like 21 with the windchill). I just used part of a roll of clear UV stable heavy duty woven landscape fabric that I had in storage. It's actually very good as a wind block and the clear color still lets light in!

How is Roger doing with his new flock now? Yes, it has been chilly the past couple of day's. We turned the heater on in the house last night. The chicken's can handle what we are getting as thing's are out there, like they have for the past winter's. They huddle together in the coop with head's under wing's at night. They still can be found in the run during the day. If the water pans freeze overnight, I'll just bring out some hot water in the teapot out there to pour on the frozen and it will give them drinkable water.

How is Roger doing with his new flock now? Yes, it has been chilly the past couple of day's. We turned the heater on in the house last night. The chicken's can handle what we are getting as thing's are out there, like they have for the past winter's. They huddle together in the coop with head's under wing's at night. They still can be found in the run during the day. If the water pans freeze overnight, I'll just bring out some hot water in the teapot out there to pour on the frozen and it will give them drinkable water.
He's doing pretty well I think. He cuddles up with some of the ladies now that he goes up the ladder. He seems to like the Crested Cream Legbar so I'm hoping for some fertile eggs to hatch for more blue/green/olive egg layers. I'd love to see what those chicks turn out like! He also likes the White Leghorn but I don't think I'll hatch those. He can't really touch the bossy top bird a Wyandotte, although he keeps trying to woo her with treats. She's too much --she's so big & beautiful I thought she might be a rooster when she was little...LOL.

He's doing pretty well I think. He cuddles up with some of the ladies now that he goes up the ladder. He seems to like the Crested Cream Legbar so I'm hoping for some fertile eggs to hatch for more blue/green/olive egg layers. I'd love to see what those chicks turn out like! He also likes the White Leghorn but I don't think I'll hatch those. He can't really touch the bossy top bird a Wyandotte, although he keeps trying to woo her with treats. She's too much --she's so big & beautiful I thought she might be a rooster when she was little...LOL.

If your Crested Cream Legbar hen lay's the blue egg's, her daughter's will lay pretty light green egg's. None of my Naked Neck's lay a dark enough brown egg to make an olive egger with a blue egg layer. Roger is a gentleman roo, but maybe the Wyandotte will give in later.

Back
Top Bottom