Arizona Chickens

HIs name is " Smiley"
love.gif
awwww he is to cute!!!!!

I dont know if its the weather but my ladies are drving me insane. They have never had a spring here since i moved to AZ from CA last fall, 7 weeks ago 3 of my silkies hatched out chicks, they all went broodie within the same week. Now 2 of the 3 are sitting again AND 4 of my layers of sitting, 2 ameraucana's,1 one SS and 1 lakenvelder. I dont have anywhere to move them to hatch. UGH!!!! I already have babies running all over the place.

Hey, I would say they are perfectly fine outside. I have my 6 week olds outside and they do fine. Love the babies. First time i have seen these three. Beautiful. =D I should be getting some blue/splash eggs in about 2 months or so. =D. I have 5 blue's atm and they are 9 or 10 weeks old. =D Oh and the partridge i hatched from you laid her first egg today.

Hey, I would say they are perfectly fine outside. I have my 6 week olds outside and they do fine. Love the babies. First time i have seen these three. Beautiful. =D I should be getting some blue/splash eggs in about 2 months or so. =D. I have 5 blue's atm and they are 9 or 10 weeks old. =D Oh and the partridge i hatched from you laid her first egg today.
Well Looks that all is going real good now! You had trouble getting chicks now you have a Bananza. Kat ,Gold Bar Ranch, really wants some splash. Maybe I can be talked into one.
wink.png

so yesterday was my first experience with market on the move and it was completely amazing. tons and tons of tomatoes and the chickens didnt even want to eat their grains today - they wanted tomatoes!! its funny how spoiled they can get so quickly. we had plenty for them tho and this morning they are happily full of tomatoes. and we tried our hand at canning tomatoes last night. it was so ... whats the word... gratifying - to see those sealed jars and know we did that, and now i wont have to go to the store for stewed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, or salsa. amazing.

notinoz2007, I know what you mean! It is so gratifying. We have only a couple quarts of canned tomatoes remaining from our harvest last year. Now it seems like we can only use them when making something very special. I thought we'd have enough tomato products to last the year but it seems we ate more because they were our own. One of our favorite things was our own version of El Pato, made almost completely from things in the garden. Someday I'll have to check out the Market on the Move.

so yesterday was my first experience with market on the move and it was completely amazing. tons and tons of tomatoes and the chickens didnt even want to eat their grains today - they wanted tomatoes!! its funny how spoiled they can get so quickly. we had plenty for them tho and this morning they are happily full of tomatoes. and we tried our hand at canning tomatoes last night. it was so ... whats the word... gratifying - to see those sealed jars and know we did that, and now i wont have to go to the store for stewed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, or salsa. amazing.
MOM is really great. We have been going about every other week for several months now.

We give away about half, eat half of what's left & the cluckers get treats for 2 weeks.

I'd sure love to do some canning but life is so busy right now. The Control Tower has expressly forbidden that flight path!

We give away about half, eat half of what's left & the cluckers get treats for 2 weeks.

thats what we did, gave to 2 families and now they are going with next weekend. and the chickens have goodies for days. that plus the sod that we put just close enough for them to reach, will cut my feed bill a lot this month.
cool.png

its been a good weekend. now i hope my chick integration operation goes smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom