Arizona Chickens

Here's a few pics of the poop box/roost. I really works great!

I thought I'd throw in a pic of my coop as well. My wife calls the color "God awful Yellow"! I kinda like how bright and yokey it looks!

The only thing I would change about the poop box is that I should have made the base a little wider. As you can see, some of my ladies shoot for outside the box, but I'd say that it catches about 95% of the turds.

Itsredcandy, Wanna Bet.?.. Will

Yeah! In a heart beat! Mine are really interested in what goes on inside. Funny story, when I was treating my two BOs for a fungal infection I had them inside in a dog crate for three nights while I was treating them. I'd get them from the roost and bring them in for the evening to give them their treatments and then release them in the morning. As the sun set on the fourth day after treatments were completed I went outside to lock up the coop and right there waiting at the door, in the dark, was one of my BOs, hoping to spend the night inside!

Ok folks I am going to put these pictures all over. I need to know if I got to buy me a paint Silky cock if Poppy here is not a Poppy Cock! Here is head shots of him/her and is 18 weeks old now.

frow.gif
. I'm still here! My lease is FINIALLY up so I'm going to be staying with my daughter and her family as I search for my perfect (well, perfect for me) country abode. at last I'll be able to keep the chickies at my own place. Looking in the Picture Rocks area.
I'm also looking for Muscovies and milking goats. SO excited! Pot- luck sounds like fun!
i cant wait for my muscovy duckilings to hatch

Ok folks I am going to put these pictures all over. I need to know if I got to buy me a paint Silky cock if Poppy here is not a Poppy Cock! Here is head shots of him/her and is 18 weeks old now.

There isn't a full on comb shot, and I am certainly not an expert like, say, Sonoran Silkies is, but it looks kinda pullet-y to me!
idunno.gif

Are you saying that black widows killed your silkies? I'm just wondering how that might happen. Where were they bitten? What were the symptoms? I'm very curious.

O.K. so, I'll admit I have a bias against killing spiders.
hide.gif
However, Orange Guard (found at Ace Hardware) would kill on contact. When I was purging ticks from the coop I removed all the spiders I could before spraying the orange guard. The ones I couldn't get to died instantly when sprayed.

I usually leave spiders alone, but I'm starting a daycare and getting the chickens. My outside toys get covered with black widows in no time. I'm trying to keep things "green" so as not to make the kids or chickens sick. I'm going to try the Orange Oil.

My best friend just lost one of her two chickens (BR) this morning, and the other one is at deaths door. Sounds like more heat problems! We have chickens dropping like flies in AZ!
barnie.gif

i just rehomed my last 2 laying hens this morning. one of my muscovy drakes kept biting them on their heads and necks and holding them down. he had one pinned on the ground this morning, i could hear her from the kitchen. poor thing. i put up an ad and they were gone within about two hours. i figured it would be easier to rehome laying hens than a mean drake. for some reason he has left the 5 basque pullets alone and he can't get to the silkies since they are in their own coop. i just don't get it. and now, no more eggs until the basque start laying.
sad.png

bootsie, haven't candled yet. the light i use is attached to the fireman's mountain bike and i dunno how to detach it.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom