Arkansas folks speak up.........

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by wranglerFB, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Ozark Chicken

Ozark Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    NW Arkansas
    This one forgot to see if my wife was home before he started eyeballing my chickens!!!

[​IMG]

2. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Ahaha! Ozark that is an awesome pic! Word to the coyotes! Don't even try it. LOL

3. har

har Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Rogers,Ar
    Snowing like crazy up here. I just checked my chicks and they were all under the heat lamps. I can't really add any more heat in there without breaking a breaker. Its 32 degrees out Hope they will be allright. There about 6 weeks old now.

4. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Looking out my front door. Welcome to Spring, I guess.

[​IMG]

5. haTHOR

haTHOR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Near Asheville, NC
    it's finally slacked off here, east of fayetteville, but i hear we've got a heavy snowfall coming tonight. hard to believe!

6. haTHOR

haTHOR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Near Asheville, NC
    Quote:lol, are you the guy who's trying get rid of the mixed chicks about that age on craigslist?

7. Ozark Chicken

Jul 4, 2009
    NW Arkansas
    Yesterday I ended the day with a pretty serious sunburn (I've never had a sunburn that peeled) I can't hardly stand to have a shirt on. Today, snow, what the heck???

8. har

har Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Rogers,Ar
    Quote:lol, are you the guy who's trying get rid of the mixed chicks about that age on craigslist?

Not me

9. Ozark Chicken

Jul 4, 2009
    NW Arkansas
    Got another question. I was reading on another thread about crusty butts. several of my chicks have a small amount of poo stuck in the fuzz of their butts. Please tell me I don't have to hand wash 75 chick butts. Is this a diet issue??

10. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Oh boy! Yeah, you're going to need to do some butt scrubbing. One of the easiest ways I've found to do it is with a soft baby toothbrush. I coat it with a little baby oil to try to soften up what's hard. Some of it can be even too hard for that, and in that event, I'll use a pair of tweezers to break the pewp into pieces. If you will add a pan of grit to their brood room, this will help to keep it from happening again. Maybe a pie plate of sand, or some parakeet gravel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by