Arkansas folks speak up.........

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by wranglerFB, Mar 9, 2008.

1. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Quote:I'm sorry to hear that. Losing those first ones is always the hardest.

2. Ozark Chicken

Ozark Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    NW Arkansas
    SNOW !!! O my in the middle of the pasture its 10+ inches. I know cause thats where the truck got stuck when I went to feed cows. We went to Stillwell because well, we just needed to see if it could be done. 3 tries to get back up the driveway. It was deep enough that the trucks differentials were dragging in the snow making an odd three track. Get home and wash about 45 of the 75 chicken butts. That should not be called pasty butt, its more like granite butt!!!! No one seems worse for wear but we noticed something odd. None of the G.l. wyann's had any pasty issues only the golden comet pullets did... Curious
    Never thought I'd add "cleaned chicken butts" to my list of strange and unusual things I've done.

BTW got a great pic of a Buzzard sitting in the snow by the creek about 10 feet away. Not as cool as eagles, hawks or other pretty birds, but it was awesome all the same

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:I give my chicks grit (or sand) as soon as I get them, and I rarely ever have to clean butts. This spring I have only cleaned 2 TSC chicks butts the day after I got them, since they have been living with me they haven't pasted up anymore. You might benefit from giving them some sand or chick grit [​IMG]

Also it makes them easier to clean up if you put vasaline or mineral oil on their booties after cleaning.

[​IMG] urban dreamer, so sorry to hear about your Eva. I was thinking she had gotten better. [​IMG]

Love how we (parts of Arkansas, not me personally) are getting SNOW on the first day of spring!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] My outside chicks are complaining about this cold wet weather - they refuse to come out from under the heat lamp unless absolutely necessary [​IMG]

4. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. haTHOR

haTHOR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Near Asheville, NC
    here's my chicken yard today...and it just keeps coming down. this was about 4 hrs ago!

[​IMG]

6. urban dreamer

urban dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2009
    Sherwood, AR
    Thanks for the responses eveyone. Redd's gonna tend to her tomorrow while Im at work so I won't have to know its happening. Zach's gonna dig a nice spot by the rose bushes for her too. I keep telling myself this is for the best, and that she won't suffer anymore when she gose to the big coop in the sky. Its so hard to let her go. I am very happy with the 6 months she spent with me. I know that was 6 months she and Zoii would not have had if I didn't purchase them (they were going in the soup pot).

Meanwhile, I thought we were headed to SPRING. Why are we going backwards to WINTER?!? Its not snowing here but yesterday I was out in flip flops and today its cold, rainy and I can see my breath. Darn Arkansas and its moody weather...

7. cackleberries

cackleberries Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    Arkansas
    HELP ARKANSAS FOLKS PLZ!!! I'm desperately [​IMG] looking for someone who can tell me if there is still a Livestock & Poultry sale in Beebe Ar. or at least someplace relatively near Conway, Ar to buy full grown poultry and Guinea Fowl.

8. Chicky Tocks

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    I know there are a lot of animals sold at the Beebe flea market. [​IMG] Especially poultry!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  9. urban dreamer

urban dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2009
    Sherwood, AR
    When Zach and Redd went outback to cull Eva today, they found that she had already passed away. I hope she went peacefully, she was a good chicken.

10. Chicky Tocks

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    [​IMG] She had a good life and was dearly loved. I know it's no consolation, but it's not a bad thing that she went on her own. This way Zach and Redd didn't have to do that hard, hard deed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by