Arkansas folks speak up.........

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by wranglerFB, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    It's been a crazy week in Benton for me. My father in law has been entered into hospice, my son has been dumped by his girlfriend (oh the agony!), I have eggs going into lockdown on Sunday, and work is insanely busy! The chicken pens need raking and all of their dishes washed, the garden needs tilling and planted (and fenced to keep the chickens out), it's Easter, so there are family plans and I can't finish this post for all the people walking in my office.

2. urban dreamer

urban dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2009
    Sherwood, AR
    Ya'll are loseing your minds too?!? Why dose everything all of sudden have to be done NOW? LOL, I have my garden tilled already although I think I killed some of my plants when I transplanted them. (I do not have a green thumb). Chicken are doing great. I have more eggs than I can eat! And now that the semester is half way over, all of my end of term projects and papers are due! [​IMG]

3. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Yep, been busy. A total of 17 out of 27 eggs. For my first time, I'll take that.

[​IMG]

4. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Bad news! When I started washing the chickens for the show I found lice on my rooster. [​IMG] The hen had a poopy behind and she has yucky, "furry" looking feathers back there with lice eggs on it. It seems we will only be taking the Modern Games since I checked them and they look clean.

How do you guys treat for lice/mites?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  5. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Oh noes Julie! Get some DE and dust those kids! ... and wear a hat! Oh gosh...now I'm itchy all over.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  6. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Julie, Adams flea and tick spray, you can still take them.

7. juliechick

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Quote:Are you sure? The little lady has the eggs all glued to her butt feathers. George has the live mites of him. I put Seven dust on everyone (what a yucky job!). Do you think I should still use the spray? I checked the MGBS real good twice and didn't see any on them. I dusted their hineys anyway.

8. juliechick

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Quote:Me, too!! I'm going to have Chad check my hair. lol

9. cackleberries

cackleberries Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    Arkansas
    Quote:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Thank You So much that was what I was looking for:D[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. cbbantams

cbbantams Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    South
    Quote:Hi,We do use the adams for the quill mites on and under the wings,But for the rest we use Frontline spray.One shot around the vent will usually take care of the problem.It is kind of expensive but a small bottle will last forever.Hope that helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by