Arkansas folks speak up.........

I know the prices are better from Ideal, but I would like to get some Icelandic's. Our Atwood's here in Fort Smith gets their chicks from Ideal. They will let you place an order through them for the breeds and quantities you would like.

I would hope that the quality would be better at Sandhill but since I'm a newbie, I really don't know.

Hope you enjoy Fort Smith next week. Are you familiar with the town? I work in Fort Smith so am in here almost every day.

My neurologist is in Ft. Smith, at Cooper Clinic. Great doctor.

I've ordered from Ideal a couple of times and have been very pleased, but there's one specific reason I am going to order from them this spring. They have wonderful LF dark brahmas. Sadly, we had to put my dark brahma roo down (uncurable foot problem) last spring and I miss him. I am going to order several brahmas from them and especially order a dark brahma cockerel.

Here's my Thor:

Been stalking for a while. Just decided to dive in. I'm around the Fort Smith area. Anyone else in this area?

I have been thinking about placing an order for the Super Assortment from Sandhill Preservation but 25 chicks is too many for me to keep as adults. Checking into interest in splitting an order.

Thanks.

Welcome from the Southwest corner.

welcome-byc.gif
from Lonoke, AR

If anyone in SE Arkansas is ordering from Ideal this spring, I would like to order 5 Self Blue Cochin Bantam chicks to your order. Want these for a project and do not need anymore chicks that Ideal offers.

Jim

Our company built the storage fence around new Attwoods stores for a couple years now. They got almost everything farm related including some vaccines for livestock. I can't wait until it opens up...Finally another farm store in montecello. All we need now is a Starbucks.

Edited to make politically correct.

We have a new Atwoods opening soon. Had not thought of that. Will check into it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Our company built the storage fence around new Attwoods stores for a couple years now. They got almost everything farm related including some vaccines for livestock. I can't wait until it opens up...Finally another man store in Montecello!

I know several on this thread that may take offence at your statement....folks like Juliechick and Jenscott may just pitch a tent at Atwoods-Monticello until it opens!

Call me one day when you are headed to Monticello and we can grab a Dr. Pepper or something.

and Jenscott may just pitch a tent at Atwoods-Monticello until it opens!

I don't know, I have kindof mixed feelings about Atwoods coming to Monticello, Kinda like a walmart, what is it going to do to Drew farm supply. I complain about some of their haves and don't haves, but they have been real good about getting what I need, and carrying a selection. I almost always vote for the local merchant. Its nice to have them know me by name when I walk in. I've never been in an Atwoods, so I have no idea what they're like.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom