Arkansas folks speak up.........

Shot in the dark. Anybody within a few hours driving distance to SW Arkansas have any small, started pullets for sale? Can be mutts, can be handicapped.

I desperately need a small companion bird for my handicapped silkie X pullet.
fl.gif

How far are you from monticello? I have several.

ETA: UM, perhaps I should clarify. How small and how started?

Last edited:
Yeah, I've got a 17 week old Black Australorp pullet I'd offer, but I'm not easy driving distance of you and I'm not sure 17 weeks old is what you are after. She is not going to be "small".

I have a couple birds for sale. No idea on the gender. Look on my website for pictures of the birds.

Shot in the dark. Anybody within a few hours driving distance to SW Arkansas have any small, started pullets for sale? Can be mutts, can be handicapped.

I desperately need a small companion bird for my handicapped silkie X pullet.
fl.gif

Thanks to Jen, Ridge and groundpecker for responding.

Jen, I am more than 4 hours away from Monticello. Unfortunately, I can no longer drive (or at least I'm not supposed to), so I have to depend on hubby being available to take me places.

Groundpecker, can you ship?

Here's the deal on my little pullet. She has a severe crossbeak and is teeny tiny. She currently shares a coop with her hatchmate/coopmate, a bantam cochin cockerel. They have been inseperable since hatch, but his hormones have kicked in, he's constantly trying to mate her. Dragon is now terrrified of him and much to tiny to be mated.

I have a place for him in another coop that doesn't have a rooster right now, but I don't want Dragon to be alone in her coop especially now that it's wintertime.

What Dragon needs is a roommate this is silkie or serama sized, preferably female and at the very least within say two weeks of being able to do without supplemental heat.

Thanks y'all.

ETA: It wouldn't matter if Dragon's new roommate was also handicapped. They will be sharing a nice coop with an attached run and will never be free ranged without constant supervision.

Last edited:
I will ship if you provide box and shipping. It might be a bit expensive.

Thanks to Jen, Ridge and groundpecker for responding.

Jen, I am more than 4 hours away from Monticello. Unfortunately, I can no longer drive (or at least I'm not supposed to), so I have to depend on hubby being available to take me places.

Groundpecker, can you ship?

Here's the deal on my little pullet. She has a severe crossbeak and is teeny tiny. She currently shares a coop with her hatchmate/coopmate, a bantam cochin cockerel. They have been inseperable since hatch, but his hormones have kicked in, he's constantly trying to mate her. Dragon is now terrrified of him and much to tiny to be mated.

I have a place for him in another coop that doesn't have a rooster right now, but I don't want Dragon to be alone in her coop especially now that it's wintertime.

What Dragon needs is a roommate this is silkie or serama sized, preferably female and at the very least within say two weeks of being able to do without supplemental heat.

Thanks y'all.

ETA: It wouldn't matter if Dragon's new roommate was also handicapped. They will be sharing a nice coop with an attached run and will never be free ranged without constant supervision.

Groundpecker, I am running out of online time right now - hubby is home from work and hungry, plus I have my evening chicken chores to get done; but I'll be in touch via PM either later on today or tomorrow.

I may have found a friend for Dragon in Delight, which would be much closer so less stress on the bird than shipping.

If that deal doesn't work I would gladly pay shipping and send a shipping box.

Thanks so much!
smile.png

Been stalking for a while. Just decided to dive in. I'm around the Fort Smith area. Anyone else in this area?

I have been thinking about placing an order for the Super Assortment from Sandhill Preservation but 25 chicks is too many for me to keep as adults. Checking into interest in splitting an order.

Thanks.

Been stalking for a while. Just decided to dive in. I'm around the Fort Smith area. Anyone else in this area?

I have been thinking about placing an order for the Super Assortment from Sandhill Preservation but 25 chicks is too many for me to keep as adults. Checking into interest in splitting an order.

Thanks.

Big welcome to BYC from Mabelvale.

Thanks.

welcome-byc.gif

I'm not all that close to Ft. Smith, but I'll be there next Thursday.
tongue.png

I'll take a look at what Sandhill has to offer. If they have the breeds I intend to order in the spring, we might could work something out. I usually order from Ideal Poultry in Texas.

I know the prices are better from Ideal, but I would like to get some Icelandic's. Our Atwood's here in Fort Smith gets their chicks from Ideal. They will let you place an order through them for the breeds and quantities you would like.

I would hope that the quality would be better at Sandhill but since I'm a newbie, I really don't know.

Hope you enjoy Fort Smith next week. Are you familiar with the town? I work in Fort Smith so am in here almost every day.

Back
Top Bottom