Arkansas folks speak up.........

I never hear my muscovies - the most they do is hiss during feeding time. Now my calls are an entirely diff matter. tongue

Do the Muscovies fly? If so I would have to remedy that.​

Quote:
Do the Muscovies fly? If so I would have to remedy that.

The hens fly great but the drakes b/c they are so heavy usually can't fly well. You can always clip wings. I love their personalities and they are great brooders.
smile.png

Thanks Amanda, I love that you put up the pictures.. I love my muscovys. I had been looking for choc. for years and it only was about 3 to 4 weeks after I told Amanda that I was looking and she found them.. I will always be happy to call Amanda my FRIEND....
big_smile.png

I will be keep all the choc. duckling this year.. The hens are laying now. I sett more eggs on sunday.

Quote:
This is the day I bought them:
2832_ducklings2.jpg

this is the outside play area I made for them when they were a week old:
2832_ducklingsoutdoorhome.jpg

This is them last week at the age of 5 weeks:
2832_ducks050409.jpg

I got them at a little feed store in Fordyce

Michelle

OK, i am ready to try some ducks. They will be going under our broody LF cochin (jelly bean) in a nice little brooder box. No sure how big the eggs are, how many of these can she sit on? Now for the big questions, anyone have muscovy eggs I can buy?
Thanks

Quote:
Jarhead, my ducks are quiet. The hen will quack a little but nothing as loud as a rooster. I have 6 babies hatched and 2 about to hatch and more in the incubator.

I love the chocolate duck.

Anyone going to the auction Saturday? I think I'm going to buy some turkeys. I'm down to 1 and she is so lonely. She follows me and sits close to us.

jackie

Back
Top Bottom