Arkansas folks speak up.........

Here are a few of my Girls at 13 weeks #RainbowFlock

I just had to share this...
My chickens are all free range and my daughter and I were watching one of the new chickens, a young Kraenkoppe, stalk a frog. When she pounced, my daughter burst out: "That's not a chicken, that's a velociraptor!"

Looking at her, yeah, she reminds me of a little savage dinosaur...

Anyone in central Arkansas selling chicks? Looking for Austarlorps or similar. Must but nice gentle breed and hopefully good layers lol.

Anyone in central Arkansas selling chicks? Looking for Austarlorps or similar. Must but nice gentle breed and hopefully good layers lol.

Check out some Facebook trade and selling sites. I think I saw some on the Scott County buy and sell group. I know someone who sells Light Brahma/Blue Cochin chicks. I got four because I wanted some meaties in my flock. You can also look on Craig's list.

Babies! Babies! I have more babies! Looked in on mama when I opened the coop this morning and saw 3 little fluffy faces. Today is day 21 so I won't bug her too much but I'm anxious to see the final tally. 7 looked promising at last candle.

Argg! Suddenly can't upload pictures from my phone! Took another peek, saw 5 babies this time. All fluffy and curious. Mom is still sitting tight. My not be finished. All my broodies seem to hatch a day or two early. That's good when you are impatient!

I had a hen go broody two days ago so I decided to start collecting eggs for her yesterday. Two other hens immediately went broody so they went in the broody buster. Instead of getting four or five eggs a day so it’s only three days to get her a clutch I’m down to 2 to 3 eggs a day. It might take a week to get a clutch together. Same thing happened last year.

This will be my last hatch this year. I’ll have plenty of chicken to fill the freezer even with a poor hatch.

Back
Top Bottom