Arkansas folks speak up.........

This has been a busy weekend. 9 chicks have hatched with 4 more possible. You can find pictures of them in my posts on the May hatchalong thread.

In a little while I will be going out to get pictures of my older chicks and maybe the bantam on her nest.

For the moment though here is one from just now.

15274424178022078551201.jpg

I will share the individual pictures in awhile.

I looked in most all the lists here an seen only a few folks from AR I know there must be more around .....I am in west central not to far from a place called Mena ........anyone else around???just so y'all will be able to put a face to the person
startedwithbeardFB1.jpg
I’m in NWA near Fayetteville. I’m not that close to you but I know Mena well!

took my cat to gravette today and the vet said that they had 17 cats brought in the past week for "bobcat fever" 14 of them died within days. Its cheep to prevent but very expensive to treat. just an fyi for cat owners in arkansas.. nobody seems to be talking about it, it was the first i heard of it. My cat was an indoor cat and it's transmitted by ticks not fleas so remember to treat your indoor and outdoor cats for fleas AND TICKS.

thank you. the vet said she was too far gone and we put her down today. he said at the first sign of loss of appetite is when they need to start treatment and even then he said it was a 1 in 500 chance it could help and it would be multiple treatments of $500+ (blood transfusions, etc)so we couldnt have afforded it even if we did catch it early, she lived a good ten years. sometimes it's just hard to catch those things. she was already a skinny cat so we didnt notice her loosing weight and she eats with another cat so we couldnt tell she wasnt eating.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom