Arkansas folks speak up.........

Pics
Quote:
Wood's Feed Store in Cabot is pretty great. If you can give Fred just a little notice, he'll get you anything you want. To tell the truth, I've just been too shy to ask for organic chicken feed--I'm afraid all the old farmers that sit around in there swapping stories will laugh at me!
roll.png

I've gone to Rosebud for horse feed in the past--can't remember why, now, but it's certainly not too far down Hwy. 5.

Hello all. I'm in downtown Fayetteville. It's nice to know that there are several of you around.... I'm not really sure why it's nice, but it is.

Bob

Last edited:
Greetings Bob & Welcome!

"It's nice to know that there are several of you around.... I'm not really sure why it's nice, but it is."

It's nice because knowing that there are some of us near you, you can take precautions. You can wear surgical gloves and a mask to try to avoid catching chicken fever (It won't do much good, but you can try).

Mark
In beautiful, downtown, unincorporated Sharp County

Squid Bait,
1115322xxxjykcplv.gif

to the forum! I am about 45 mins from you!~

What kinds of chickens do you have? (Btw, I have a roo named Bob)

Thanks,

I saw the Bob in your picture and was wondering if that was your name or the roo's. Now I know. As far as what chicks I got... best guess so far is barred rocks, black australorps, white rocks, arucana mix, dark cornish, and or welsummers (I doubt any are pure bread). There are a dozen of them at the moment, but as I determine sex, the roos will have to go (for sound reasons).

I would love to have a Dark Cornish someday, I just love their pancake bodies!

Are you planning on coming to the OK Chickenstock, It'd be about 1.5 hrs from you. Might be able to find some homes for your chicks there
smile.png

Hi Belinda,

I live just south of Little Rock between Bryant and Benton. I just hatched out about 20 baby chicks. Some are French Cuckoo Marans, one is a show girl, and the the others are americana mutts (mostly bantams) .

There is a guy in Bryant that sells baby chicks, turkeys, geese, ducks, peacocks, and guineas. All of his are pure breed.

I'm planning on setting some silkie eggs soon. I have some really good quality silkies from Jodi Hinckle.

Jackie

I'm not an official Arkie any more but I wanted to say HI! We moved last year to Westville, OK, but we are only about a mile "as the chicken flies"
lol.png
to the Arkansas border. I've lived in either Oklahoma or Arkansas all my life, just keep switching back and forth.
lol.png
I was born in OK, moved to AR (near Mena, grew up and went to school there, HI Mena people
cool.png
), then to OK, then to AR, then back to OK.
tongue.png

I've got some chickens and other critters for sale if anyone is interested. Here's a link:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=655006

Can any of my fellow Arkies tell me HOW to find someone for hire who processes chickens? Our butcher doesn't do birds, and any Google searching of the words "poultry," "chicken," "processing," etc. just turns up a million hits about Tyson.
roll.png

Help!

Belinda

frow.gif
ninjapoodles- when you say 'butcher' are you talking about a local processing place or grocery store? I don't know any processors from your area, could help if you were on the other sides. Type in taxidermy, and call your local taxidermist, they would be able to direct you to your local processor. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom