ARRGGHHHH!!!

The HSPCA. They're the only one within several hundred miles, and yes, they respond to a very large area surrounding Houston. They've had to confiscate animals in my county before. What is sad, is watching them on Animal Cops, most of the areas they end up filming I know, since I grew up in this part of the state, and they probably aren't even scratching the surface. I'm not sure how many complaints they have to follow up on that we don't see, but I'm sure there are more than anyone cares to know about. There's a lot of people in this part of the state, but there is a lot of remote areas as well. They only have 8 investigators to cover an area of roughly 30 or counties.

I got an email from the HSPCA today telling me that they do not service my county, and to call the Sheriff's office. They have worked with the Sheriff's office before by request, and will not be out here. Go figure. The Sheriff's office isn't the most reliable service to depend on out here, and they already know about the horse. I haven't seen the it in the yard for two days now, so maybe the owner took it somewhere where it will get better care.

Back
Top Bottom