Ascites Draining

I did it!!!!
I had to poke her a few times in the beginning, she was wiggling a lot.

I filled my 20 ml syringe about 3-4 times but then started to draw blood so I let it be

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    565.3 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    758.9 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 6
She is looking lively and alert. She is in the cage, I cleaned it with betadine before and after and put neosporin on after, she is dripping a little but not horrible, I will see how it goes

Thank you for your knowledge and support!

Attachments

• FD8A47DB-FD8A-4AAE-B9A3-AC5DE3E1198A.jpeg
    FD8A47DB-FD8A-4AAE-B9A3-AC5DE3E1198A.jpeg
    584.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 6A7675A7-CFAD-45E9-AB02-026685E5EA53.jpeg
    6A7675A7-CFAD-45E9-AB02-026685E5EA53.jpeg
    547.8 KB · Views: 5
She’s very sleepy and not standing up much and she usually has two poops by now and there are none, should I do something to help?

Even though it’s night? I doubt she will drink it, should I syringe it into her?

Having just lost a hen after ascites draining because she went into shock afterward, and it could have been prevented if I had remembered to hydrate her with electrolytes, I am hammering this. DO IT or risk losing her. It makes no difference what time of day or night it is. DO IT!

Having just lost a hen after ascites draining because she went into shock afterward, and it could have been prevented if I had remembered to hydrate her with electrolytes, I am hammering this. DO IT or risk losing her. It makes no difference what time of day or night it is. DO IT!
I just got 10 ml in her, I don’t have anyone awake to help me tube feed electrolytes into her, I will do it in the morning.
I will give her about 7 ml more with the chicken electrolytes with a little water, I added a lot of electrolytes so I won’t aspirate her and she will get a lot of electrolytes without as much water.
The good and bad news is that she keeps fighting me when I am trying, even with a towel wrapped around her. Right at the end I accidentally made her aspirate some but she seems fine.

Should I give her more?

Back
Top Bottom