Asparagus lubbers VS Asparagus haters (normal people) welcome to the battlefield

I didn’t know that! Crazy pigs! Are they bacon now? Or are they pets?
I had them for both. The breeders were my babies, the one that I castrated was my dinner. Here's a baby girl, she was one of my favorites ❤️
20210928_110222.jpg

I didn’t know that! Crazy pigs! Are they bacon now? Or are they pets?
Honestly, except for the mess (mud rolling is a real thing with pigs), they're actually really good housepets. They're super intelligent, can be taught all kinds of tricks, love belly rubs, and are pretty good alarms for things they see as a threat. They're STUBBORN AS HELL and you have to always remind them that you're in charge, but all in all they're pretty good companions. You just have to be prepared for their size. Depending on breed they can hit 200-300 pounds easily. (talking minis here, they're "mini" in comparisson to production swine which can hit 800 any day.) A lot of people get them as cute little pets and then abandon them because they get too big or because they can't train them properly and they cause problems.

Honestly, except for the mess (mud rolling is a real thing with pigs), they're actually really good housepets. They're super intelligent, can be taught all kinds of tricks, love belly rubs, and are pretty good alarms for things they see as a threat. They're STUBBORN AS HELL and you have to always remind them that you're in charge, but all in all they're pretty good companions. You just have to be prepared for their size. Depending on breed they can hit 200-300 pounds easily. (talking minis here, they're "mini" in comparisson to production swine which can hit 800 any day.) A lot of people get them as cute little pets and then abandon them because they get too big or because they can't train them properly and they cause problems.
How old are they?

You just have to be prepared for their size. Depending on breed they can hit 200-300 pounds easily. (talking minis here, they're "mini" in comparisson to production swine which can hit 800 any day.) A lot of people get them as cute little pets and then abandon them because they get too big or because they can't train them properly and they cause problems.
This👆
It really makes my blood boil to see someone throwing them away once they're adults, or to see someone starve them because they don't want a big pig.
My big pigs (red wattle, mangalitza, blue butt, and Hampshire) are four foot tall 1200 pounds, the Kune Kune were only 200-300 that's mini for ya.

This👆
It really makes my blood boil to see someone throwing them away once they're adults, or to see someone starve them because they don't want a big pig.
My big pigs (red wattle, mangalitza, blue butt, and Hampshire) are four foot tall 1200 pounds, the Kune Kune were only 200-300 that's mini for ya.
Yeah, I held her off for YEARS on getting pigs because I didn't want her impulse buying something we may not be ready for. We did a lot of research before I'd let her bring them home. We STILL weren't ready, but we were at least committed to making it work. I'm just glad they never figured out the doors on the fridge... :)

Back
Top Bottom