At what age will my Drake be old enough to mate with my female duck?

moonlitechick

Chirping
7 Years
May 5, 2012
SW Missouri
I have a mature duck that is laying eggs everyday. I also have a young drake that already has his tail curl and a young female duck that is not laying yet. My drake is larger than my mature female he is about 13 weeks old. (Maybe a little older). When will he be old enough to fertilize the eggs of my mature duck. I would really like to hatch some ducklings.

Anyone?????
My Muscovy drake was around 8 months old before he started mating with the ducks . It may be sooner for some breeds I don't know.
AND
welcome-byc.gif

What breed of duck are they? I really don't know but I think they are several months old before they start mating really well.

I started to get Bulls eyes when I got my drake he was suppose to be around 3 months old but I don't know if that was his real age. Now he is a mating machine and if that was his real age he is now 5 months old. You can even tell when he is successful in his mating vs just giving up because he runs around with it all hanging out and his head down or does a particular swim with his head down.

It's just i had a drake and a duck up until last week and I colleceted the eggs, but then a fox came and got them, so I had gathered 5, and thought I would hatch them. I have the 5 eggs in the incubator on day 3, and I'm not sure if they are fertile, I candeled them, but I wasn't sure, I know it's still early, but my ducks were about a year old, and I don't know if they were mating or not, but they have been together since they were hatched but i didn't see any mating action when I was around them but they were always very close together, so I don't know. Do u think the eggs are fertile ?

I started to get Bulls eyes when I got my drake he was suppose to be around 3 months old but I don't know if that was his real age. Now he is a mating machine and if that was his real age he is now 5 months old. You can even tell when he is successful in his mating vs just giving up because he runs around with it all hanging out and his head down or does a particular swim with his head down.
Bragging
lol.png

It's just i had a drake and a duck up until last week and I colleceted the eggs, but then a fox came and got them, so I had gathered 5, and thought I would hatch them. I have the 5 eggs in the incubator on day 3, and I'm not sure if they are fertile, I candeled them, but I wasn't sure, I know it's still early, but my ducks were about a year old, and I don't know if they were mating or not, but they have been together since they were hatched but i didn't see any mating action when I was around them but they were always very close together, so I don't know. Do u think the eggs are fertile ?
Probably were, candle again on day 7 you should dif know by then. If you get ducklings please make sure their house and pen is as safe as can be so you don't go through the heart ache of losing anymore Very sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom