Attack by rooster - what could have caused it?

The nest boxes are pretty large, but after the night the hen was killed, Porcia and Brutus prefer not going in there. That is why we plan to relocate the coop and expand it.

Good idea to relocate and remodel as they clearly don't feel safe in their current coop. I would suggest, however, finding a safe place for them to go at night until that project is finished.

Good idea to relocate and remodel as they clearly don't feel safe in their current coop. I would suggest, however, finding a safe place for them to go at night until that project is finished.

Aside from that, something I left out was the fact that Brutus WILL move out of the way when I walk near him. So, ot still makes me wonder if the attack was defensive.

Aside from that, something I left out was the fact that Brutus WILL move out of the way when I walk near him. So, ot still makes me wonder if the attack was defensive.

go back and re read those few posts I mentioned.

I think it's a sign of things to come if you aren't careful.

Since then, I have been going out with a stick and sticking with the suggestions in those two posts from that link. So far, so good. Surprisingly, he stills moves out of the way when I walk by, so maybe the attack was his way of saying "You are below me." Who knows. All I know is that he will have to face my stick should he try to bruise up my leg agains with his insane kicking.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom