Attempting to hatch twin ducklings!!

This is day 28? Day 29?

I'd say hold out to day 32. I don't see an internal pip in there but I'm not experienced with twins, so I'm not sure that they keep the single duck schedule.

Can you tell if they have internally pipped?

Have you considered an assisted hatch? I wonder if its too tight in there for them to get into the right position. There's a great thread on this board about assisted hatches, if it's something you might be interested in.

Anything happening yet?
fl.gif

Nothing yet,think I have humidity to low.Upped it to 76.Hoping I didn't ruin it.Was just going by what I read which was 65 until they start hatchimg then increase to 80.

Im right there with you. We're on day 29, no peeping. A couple of the eggs rock a bit, so I'm guessing they're turning, and two eggs aren't doing anything. One egg, before lockdown, I couldn't even see into anymore, except for the small air cell near the top. These all had loose air cells when I received them, and have incubated in cardboard cartons until lockdown, then then went onto the wire.

I'm not sure how long to wait either. I can't seem to get the humidity higher than 69% at this point. The windows on top of the incubator have some moisture ringing around them. Temps are holding right around 97.8 and 98.2.

Still waiting.

I had no problem keeping humidity at 65 but as soon as I tried to up it getting the humidity to stay at 78 it has been hard, I put in a damp paper towel and that seems to work, sponge would also work. Going to float test when the kiddos get home from school. Think this is where I could of messed things up because I didn't get it up quick enough. Well hope the best for you too, post pics of your hatch DKFarms. Anyone else had humidity issues with their first hatch and can point out some tips to keeping it steady?? I am thinking adding an extra sponge instead of a damp paper towel next time. Also preferences of dry hatch vs misting the eggs, I didn't mist them until after lockdown.

Okay little update, it looks like to me it is still viable however I have never float tested before (I really hope I am correct)......If anyone can chime and give me your opinion that would be greatly appreciated. Click on link to see video. It seems to have floated and moved in water.

If you keep it in the water it should bob and wiggle around. It needs to stay in the water a bit longer for the water to be totally still at then if the egg wiggles then that means it's alive.
Hope they make it!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom