August 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Hello fellow bators. I'm only working with 2 little eggs left in this somewhat tumultuous experience. Started with 7, 3 were shattered in shipment, 4 went in but 2 never made it past 10 days. I've had power outages, humidity spikes, auto-turning issues and now we are finally about to lockdown for what will be miracles if they hatch on Tuesday next week. :fl
These little nuggets are going to be tough as nails if they pip and zip without issue. See you'ns next week!!! Happy Hatching!!

Hey, I love reading everyone's experiences. I'm a first-timer hatching eggs. Set 12 Australorp eggs due 8th August. I have a couple of thermometers and a hydrometer set up as I don't trust the incorporated one. Hoping for a successful first hatch :) [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]
God bless your first hatch. Did you mean that they will hatch September 8th instead of August? I hope your incubation and hatch goes well.

Hello fellow bators. I'm only working with 2 little eggs left in this somewhat tumultuous experience. Started with 7, 3 were shattered in shipment, 4 went in but 2 never made it past 10 days. I've had power outages, humidity spikes, auto-turning issues and now we are finally about to lockdown for what will be miracles if they hatch on Tuesday next week. :fl
These little nuggets are going to be tough as nails if they pip and zip without issue. See you'ns next week!!! Happy Hatching!!

Those are Survivors. I hope they make it. God bless.

Re candeled my questionable egg and decided it was a tosser, but like I did with the others I decided to crack it open and there was a teensy tiny chicken inside everything was developed but it's head I'm guessing that's where things went wrong :( it's little claws were so cute, it was sad to let go but it was definitely dead. And that just makes me want to see my healthy babies that much sooner! Going into lockdown, yall wish me a successful hatch!

Yay!! Is that the Incuview incubator? Is this your first hatch in it? How did it work for you? Did you find the temp/humidity to be accurate?
It is an Incuview and this is my first hatch ever. I really liked it. It kept the temperature very steady at 99.5 and the built-in hygrometer actually is pretty accurate. Only 1 day the temp went up to 100.9 because the air conditioner in the room accidentally got unplugged. And it got really hot in there so I was surprised it only raised 1.4 degrees. I had a thermometer in it that saved the highest and lowest temps in its memory so I know it didn't get any higher than that. The instructions it comes with are a little confusing but I figured them out pretty quick. If I ever got another incubator it would definitely be another Incuview.

I really wanted to get the incuview myself but opted for the genesis so that I could set the number of eggs that I actually wanted. Quail are small and I'm feeding a family of 6. My wife couldn't fathom why I would need to hatch 50-100 at once until I gave her the 4 from our first culling.

I asked her to consider how many times a month she serves chicken and we did a little quail math. She is much more comfy with the 70 I'm hatching now.

Back
Top Bottom