August 2022 Hatch-a-long

Pics
I had 3 hatch in the incubator and I think 3 or 4 of the ones under my broody on day 19!!! I am 3.5 hrs into day 20 and have 12 hatched, 1 more pipped and 5 with nothing. I was getting worried about the 5 then remembered it is barely day 20!!!!!

A few pictures of the babies
I loooove babies pics with mama hens! It makes them looks so much smaller and fluffier! Adorbs!

Any for you yet? I figured mine would start hatching around now based on other hatched. Lol. Wasn't expecting to have 12 out by now.
They are definitely overachieving at your farm today!

First pip 🎉 And not from the wiggly egg, so hopefully we get at least two chicks

B6CC6C5F-14DA-4D16-90D4-2A49A72BF484.jpeg

So far 14/18 have hatched!!! I have 2 more that have pipped. Then not sure on the other 2. 1 I questioned at lockdown if it was alive. The other I peeked tonight and didn't notice movement or internal pip but can see either veins or a leg or wing????

But out of 22 shipped eggs. 18 started. 18 went into lockdown (1 probably shouldn't have).... And waiting for final # but guessing 16 or 17 will hatch. So 72-77% from total. And 89-94% that started hatched. Not bad for shipped eggs!!!!

WTB is pipped! I neeeeeed to sleep and y’all know that’s not happening lol
Exciting!!!!

I am right there with you. I set my eggs at a certain time going by my last 2 hatches so planned them to hatch after I got out of work today.... Well then they pipped last night so I barely slept. I saw the 1st one hatch before I went to work. Got home to 8 of them hatched.... Was home a couple hours and had 1 pipped.... Had to go to my daughter's Dr appt. Got home to one hatched (not even the one that I saw was pipped. I was gone maybe 1.5 hrs). Was in doing stuff for a bit and nothing changed with the one pip. Went outside for about 30 min and it was hatched when I came back in.....

So that means I saw ONE out of 9 that hatched in the incubator. I should be sleeping now but have the 2 pips so waiting hoping to see one of them hatch. They haven't changed at all in like 4-5 hrs since they pipped. I know I will either get up to them hatched or they will hatch right after I leave for work tomorrow

@Poodlemum did your babies hatch? Did you get any sleep?

I checked and there was nothing new so I went to bed. Woke up this morning to one still looking a bit damp and one looking newly hatched.

One was DIS and think the other one quit before lockdown but haven't been brave enough to check that one yet....

So my totals is 16/18 hatched! Pretty good numbers for shipped eggs.

Back
Top Bottom