August 2023 hatch-a-long

Eggs didn't ship yesterday, I had asked seller to possibly ship on a Monday so I may be waiting till next wk...

If she ships on a monday...that allows me to set on a wednesday...my days off of work are tues-thurs which means I'd be available for the hatch.

In the mean time I am setting some of my Galaxies (my dual purpose barred rocks) eggs back to substitute for any broken ones I may receive.

Do you guys try to stay available for hatch or what is...is what is...

I just like to watch them 🤣🤣🤣
I'm off on the weekends, so I always try and set my eggs on a Thursday evening so by the time I get home Friday the action is just starting, lol, then I have time to clean up the incubator and all that before I go back to work.

all my eggs have shipped. Was hoping they would come tomorrow, but both trackings say Thurs. Hopefully they come then since the last ones said Wed and they didn't come until later Wed night after PO was closed so I had to get them Thurs. Really don't want to have to pick them up Fri since that is when we leave for camping so want to set them before I leave and want them to have time to rest!

I just got a message from my seller. She is gonna ship my eggs on monday per my request. She said she'd be willing to ship Saturday but it worries me where they will be spending Sunday at....wether it's temp controlled or they stay in the truck or whatever...so I told her Monday is fine...at least then they will remain in transit.

Looks like I'll be setting eggs Wednesday next wk...

I just got a message from my seller. She is gonna ship my eggs on monday per my request. She said she'd be willing to ship Saturday but it worries me where they will be spending Sunday at....wether it's temp controlled or they stay in the truck or whatever...so I told her Monday is fine...at least then they will remain in transit.

Looks like I'll be setting eggs Wednesday next wk...
Yes I wouldn't want them sitting for Sunday.

One set of mine are at the PO about 25 min from my PO. Still says tomorrow for me... So hoping they don't just have them sitting there from this morning around 1030 till tomorrow.

The other set is from my normal seller and for some reason hers don't update till they get here....

Yes I wouldn't want them sitting for Sunday.

One set of mine are at the PO about 25 min from my PO. Still says tomorrow for me... So hoping they don't just have them sitting there from this morning around 1030 till tomorrow.

The other set is from my normal seller and for some reason hers don't update till they get here....
Do you pick yours up or do you have them delivered??

I pick mine up bc we live on a back back back road...that never gets fixed...and the PO driver flys down the road..hitting every single pot hole...

I'd rather take that responsibility 🤣🤣🤣

Do you pick yours up or do you have them delivered??

I pick mine up bc we live on a back back back road...that never gets fixed...and the PO driver flys down the road..hitting every single pot hole...

I'd rather take that responsibility 🤣🤣🤣
I pick them up. My mail person is great but she drives all over before my house.

So the eggs, one set, got to the main PO about 25 min away from me, maybe close, around 1030am.... They didn't leave there till 750 pm... It is now 1050pm and it still shows in route to my PO.....

My other set of eggs still just say in transit and on time.....

I have to leave for work at 7am so I can't even get them till I am out. 😥. Hopefully both are there. Then I need to figure out what I am doing and how I am setting them. Debating on giving one of my 4 broodys a few at least for the weekend till I can candle and see what is going on.... 2 I just don't really trust even to sit on them, one may be ok, the other may be ok but she is nasty nasty with me so checking them will be hard. I have a couple girls that are bullies and will peck the broodies till they get up so don't trust any to hatch, but hopefully they are ok for a few days.

I need to finish my new coop build so I can put my broodies in there and see if the move will break them. If not I will move the older chicks over and set up broody jail and break them one by one....

So the eggs, one set, got to the main PO about 25 min away from me, maybe close, around 1030am.... They didn't leave there till 750 pm... It is now 1050pm and it still shows in route to my PO.....

My other set of eggs still just say in transit and on time.....

I have to leave for work at 7am so I can't even get them till I am out. 😥. Hopefully both are there. Then I need to figure out what I am doing and how I am setting them. Debating on giving one of my 4 broodys a few at least for the weekend till I can candle and see what is going on.... 2 I just don't really trust even to sit on them, one may be ok, the other may be ok but she is nasty nasty with me so checking them will be hard. I have a couple girls that are bullies and will peck the broodies till they get up so don't trust any to hatch, but hopefully they are ok for a few days.

I need to finish my new coop build so I can put my broodies in there and see if the move will break them. If not I will move the older chicks over and set up broody jail and break them one by one....
Sigh... the stress of getting shipped eggs!! I feel ya!!!

I have a broody right now (oddly enough after saying i havent dealt with a broody just the other day), or she's thinking abt it...I contemplated putting some eggs under her...but then again I am trying to sell off that flock and I don't wanna switch to incubator half way through.

I don't trust myself to not screw it up!!

I have 4 eggs from my galaxy flock they are some of their first incubatable (is that a word?!? 😆) eggs...I am so excited to give them a try I wanna set them now...but I wont...bc I don't wanna a staggered hatch...I again...don't trust myself to not screw it up 🤣🤣🤣

How much further do you have to go on your coop??

Sigh... the stress of getting shipped eggs!! I feel ya!!!

I have a broody right now (oddly enough after saying i havent dealt with a broody just the other day), or she's thinking abt it...I contemplated putting some eggs under her...but then again I am trying to sell off that flock and I don't wanna switch to incubator half way through.

I don't trust myself to not screw it up!!

I have 4 eggs from my galaxy flock they are some of their first incubatable (is that a word?!? 😆) eggs...I am so excited to give them a try I wanna set them now...but I wont...bc I don't wanna a staggered hatch...I again...don't trust myself to not screw it up 🤣🤣🤣

How much further do you have to go on your coop??
Oh how exciting on your eggs.

I hate staggered hatches and normally try to avoid them.... But I picked up eggs from a couple different local people on a Fri/ Sat... My shipped ones said Wed. Didn't want local sitting too long, plus I ended up with extra eggs so borrowed an incubator so that was perfect.... Move some to borrowed incubator and others in mine..... Well then I only had 1 developing from the local eggs (Set on a Tue), then only 3 from shipped... Set on a Thurs... So 2 days apart.

Then kept out 4 of the local eggs to give a coworker but that just didn't work since we couldn't get things right to meet up with the eggs. So after having those for 11 days I finally threw them in my incubator so they are a week behind shipped eggs, but all others from that local seller quit so don't have much hope..

Then won the eBay eggs, and the shipped seller sent me more since only 3 developed... And I wanted to set a few from the 2 colored egg layers I do have...... So now it is a mess!!!!!

My coop is almost done!!!! But we are busy the next 3 weekends which is basically when we have to work on it. But I have one section that needs HWC, need to install auto door which should be easy, need to block off section between walls and roof so nothing can get in there. Then the inside of the coop, putting tile on floor, build poop boards and roosts..... But the people door was a bit warped so that is screwed in place hoping it straightens back out, so can't really get in there yet since I don't want to mess the door up ....Lol

Here is the run expansion and new coop.

Attachments

• IMG_20230708_180417568.jpg
    IMG_20230708_180417568.jpg
    947.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20230708_172023922.jpg
    IMG_20230708_172023922.jpg
    950.3 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom