August Hatch-A-Long!

Here is my struggling hatchling. It doesn't look any smaller still today :( I just tried again to give her sugar water and got a couple drops in her but she doesn't want it clearly.

Today

Yesterday

Quote: I'm sorry...if she's still weak that doesn't sound real good....I hope just some rest helps her get to feeling better....I wouldn't do anything with the yolk....I really think they were just too early! I know how you heart is hurting...I'm sure every one of us has been in your shoes....I'm sending chickie loves to your little one!!
when is your next hatch date?

Loads of people are hatching on the 15th!

For me, looks like the 30th!
Anyone else hatching around then?

The day has arrived for me to set my eggs!
22 eggs set
duc.gif

2 bators - 13 eggs in one, 9 in the other

6 X Cream Legbar
6 X Lavender Orpington
4 X Buff Orpington
6 X Welsummer

2 of my Buff Orpington eggs didn't look up to scratch and since I didn't have enough room
I decided they had to go
sad.png

Still! Day 1 is here and I'll be posting updates - there are some beautiful eggs in there
love.gif

My 3 chickies are doing well, all of them full of energy and steadily growing - they are
just over 2 weeks old now, and have moved into the old pig sty to live for a few weeks
frow.gif

Wish me luck!

ps. This topic is getting very busy! I will make my own topic and cheer on all around here still :)
thumbsup.gif

Here is my struggling hatchling. It doesn't look any smaller still today
sad.png
I just tried again to give her sugar water and got a couple drops in her but she doesn't want it clearly.

Today

Yesterday

How many days old were your guys before you received them and incubated them? I'm getting very scared for my porcelain & lavender silkies.
sad.png

I know you weren't asking me but please don't worry....it's going to be amazing...I think I asked you but have you candled the eggs? how many look strong with movement and veins?
I placed 11 in the bator and at day 10 one had a blood ring do I disposed of it. The others look healthy, alive & moving around w/ veins visible. I'm scared that at hatch time they're gonne be all jacked and I can't handle that. I already have PTSD from being chased with dead birds as a child from my sister.
hit.gif

Question: I have set a total if 8 eggs from one of my hens. Different hatches, but same result. They start out fine, but around day 10-12 they start getting what looks to be a blood ring all the way around the egg. Any ideas what could be causing this? Could it be genetic?

Once I place my guys on lockdown what's the best way to prevent a mess once they're hatching? I see people on here place them in egg cartons, I've read placing paper towels underneath the eggs.... idk.
I think paper towel is pretty easy - just pick up and toss. My question is how to keep the egg mess off the unhatched eggs? I'm debating about trying the egg carton method so that I might be able to keep other eggs away from each other.
Quote: Sorry for the deaths but sounds like you are going to try it again so good luck.

CG

I think paper towel is pretty easy - just pick up and toss. My question is how to keep the egg mess off the unhatched eggs? I'm debating about trying the egg carton method so that I might be able to keep other eggs away from each other.
Sorry for the deaths but sounds like you are going to try it again so good luck
On a video I had seen someone place them on cupcake cups, or something similar. My eggs are small so they should work well.

Back
Top Bottom