August Hatch-A-Long!

I have an incubator I use just for lockdown. But since I had so many temp issues and the hatches are taking days, I have to open to add eggs or remover chicks. I am trying to be quick and infrequent. I have a bottle of warm that I mist in to help but is there a better way? Is a way to maybe save ones that might have strated drying before pipping? Would misting help or hurt? Once these eggs that were stunted hatch, I am using a different incubator for hatching. Also, the timing should be ok by then. But the last few in there now, can I do anything?

Yay!!! Go little chickie go!

this morning and last nights picture think she/he will make it. it is a legbar girl or boy. At first I thought girl than boy now girl?????????

Just did my second candling, and ALL of my Polish and Polish/EE babies are moving right along at 7 days before lockdown!
celebrate.gif
D.gif
I bet those will be some pretty chicks--can't wait for the pictures!

Reading all these 'bator woes, I'm kind of glad I went the broody hen route. Much less worrying (tho, not much more patience LOL)

Guess what??? Somehow the post office was able to make up the lost day due to weather in MO and my Silkie babies arrived in our post office today!!! It appears they took a plane ride because there is an airline sticker on the box.

The post master in our post office opened the box when they arrived and gave them a drink of water, figuring they were pretty thirsty sine they were born on Tuesday. Is that thoughtful or what? I will have to post pictures later when I am at my desktop because for some reason I can't embed images anymore with my iPad...I could before so this is weird. Maybe I will try to embed a video...lets see.

Anyway, I ordered 15 and they sent 18 in case some died. All were alive. Very thirsty (they drank over an ounce of electrolyte water in the first hour) and hungry too, but so far all alive. They are so tiny! I put my newborn homegrown chick in the brooder at the same time because she is so small, the size of a 3 day old bantam silkie, lol. She blends right in with them.

I am in baby chick heaven!

Oh, I also candled my Catdance silkie eggs and two more homegrowns. I had 7 silkies that did not develop and 3 silkies that have a blood ring, the other 8 silkies and homegrowns have now all been moved to the Brinsea where they will finish out their time until their due date on the 21st.

[VIDEO]

Now I have big time crusty butt patrol to do, then the hubby and I are going out for a romantic dinner...today is out 10th Anniversary! Hope all your hatches go well tonight and all sick babies are feeling better :)

my silkie is a mama to one baby its day 20 it hatched at abou 10:30 tis morning its 7:45 now should there be such a big gape none others have piped yet its only day 20 will the others hatch
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom