August Hatch-A-Long!

Oh yea! Mine loved the idea of a cooked breakfast of farm fresh eggs instead of cold cereal, lol. He is a city boy, never had farm fresh...I made him two eggs, one from my hen, one from the store...he ate the fresh egg first, then one bite of the store bought egg and wouldn't even finish it. He was convinced at that moment that I could have all the chickens I wanted.

I told him I could make yummy cheese if I had goats! He said, oh yeah! I'm country, he is city so this is all new to him. We will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary this weekend, but its only in the last year that we have lived in a rural area where I can fully rekindle my country roots.

That is awesome. We both are city but I have country bumpkin blood. We just moved near family and we are diving right in and loving every bit of it. The fact that my kids will have healthier food sources drive us to succeed in raising and appreciating our bounty.
Your marriage is a romantic love story to me.

Hey fellow hatchers. many of us have been saved by reading the Step by Step Guide to Assisted Hatching, sometimes reading it helped us by making us wait and not assist. I personally have posted the link to the guide multiple times to help others, and I see that others have done the same. This made me think how great it would be if that link was a sticky post on this thread. Guess that cannot be, so I added it to my signature. Perhaps if more of us did the same, it would help spread the word to newbies. Think about it. :)

That is awesome. We both are city but I have country bumpkin blood. We just moved near family and we are diving right in and loving every bit of it. The fact that my kids will have healthier food sources drive us to succeed in raising and appreciating our bounty.
Your marriage is a romantic love story to me.

Haha, how sweet of you to see us as a romantic love story :)

I think it's pretty awesome that your kids are young enough to learn about country life...the roots run deep in us country folk. I am making sure my grandkids are learning along the way too. My granddaughter is in the first grade and got a new teacher this year, she was so excited to read the teachers bio because it said her teacher raises CHICKENS! An instant bond was formed. She couldn't wait for the first day of school to swap chicken stories with the teacher, lol.

Strong roots here also. But as the kids grew, they all moved to town and scattered. Now the 10 grandchildren are bringing them back. I bet my almost 4 yr old knows as much as I do about chickens!!!

My grandkids probably have one, but not at nannys house
sad.png

I am a vet tech so I have a really good stethoscope. Now I am tempted to try it on the remaining eggs!

Back
Top Bottom