Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Too hot to do anything but whinge about the weather today. God I hate summer.

Yep, I hear ya! It has, however, dropped a couple of degrees from what it was around 2ish but still
sickbyc.gif
satay is probably copping it worse than we are. I believe we got to a smidgen over 35C.

Last edited:
Yep, I hear ya! It has, however, dropped a couple of degrees from what it was around 2ish but still
sickbyc.gif
satay is probably copping it worse than we are. I believe we got to a smidgen over 35C.

We went from 40 yesterday to 26 today what a relief. I hope everyone gets a day off from the heat. Everyone is out and loving it. I've even had 16 eggs today that's double what I get on a good day.
wee.gif

Teila you're right, poor Satay seems to cop it a bit with temps. Hope it's not too bad for you Satay!
LuckysMum Wow, that is quite a dramatic drop, I'm sure you're VERY glad for that relief. 40 degrees!
th.gif

Cwrite, that's pretty much it hey, you just feel like all you're capable of is trying to get through the day without overheating. Well my girls have their fan on, it's essential in this weather too hot without it. We got aircon installed in the lounge downstairs yesterday which is great so we have another cool retreat.

I walked past the girls with some watermelon today and they all squawked at me like 'oi, you're not eating that all by yourself!' I was saving some for them, I just wanted a little first!

Hi there is a small booklet that has been brought out by one of the feed companies.a guide on feed what you feed and at what age fot most featheries. Check with your supplier.

Hope everyone had a good chrissy and new years. Just a quick question how long do ducklings stay on duck starter for before moving onto the next level of feed? My pet stores dont stock duckling food so got to order at least 3 weeks in advanced. The little one is only 6 days old so got plently of time.

Hi. Kat, I have never used duck food as such for my ducks. I used turkey starter when they were younger and now they just get laying pellets. I have 6 Muscovy ducks that are about 8 years old now. You could change them over to turkey grower at 8 weeks or leave them on the starter til they start to lay.

Teila you're right, poor Satay seems to cop it a bit with temps. Hope it's not too bad for you Satay!
LuckysMum Wow, that is quite a dramatic drop, I'm sure you're VERY glad for that relief. 40 degrees!:th

Cwrite, that's pretty much it hey, you just feel like all you're capable of is trying to get through the day without overheating. Well my girls have their fan on, it's essential in this weather too hot without it. We got aircon installed in the lounge downstairs yesterday which is great so we have another cool retreat.

I walked past the girls with some watermelon today and they all squawked at me like 'oi, you're not eating that all by yourself!' I was saving some for them, I just wanted a little first!

We sure do cop the extreeme temps out here. Last 2 days have been 41.9c and yesterday 40c. today and tomorrow are supposed to be worse. We had a small storm over night which has done nothing to cool them temps. 30c now already and 88% humidity. Wouldn't mind so much normally but as only i can do i have a tummy bug with high fevers at the moment which makes it feel even worse :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We went from 40 yesterday to 26 today what a relief. I hope everyone gets a day off from the heat. Everyone is out and loving it. I've even had 16 eggs today that's double what I get on a good day.:weee

Did you need a jumper lol. WE had a week over over 40 just around new years and them it dropped to 27c on the monday. I just about needed a jumper. :p

Yep, I hear ya!  It has, however, dropped a couple of degrees from what it was around 2ish but still :sick   satay is probably copping it worse than we are.  I believe we got to a smidgen over 35C.

I hate the night heat out here the worst. it was 32c at 10.30pm last night. Makes it super hard to sleep when you only have fans that move around the hot air.

Back
Top Bottom