Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Yeh I believe there's a service you can hire to transport pets in Queensland. Name escapes me. They get food, water, and aircon though. There's probable a few services like that though. Fingers crossed all goes to plan for you Teila.

Satay, I hope you get through thursday somehow. It's hot here, but the humidity has gone at least so it feels cooler and more tolerable. 30 degrees actually feels like 30, not 35.

Went to let them out this morning and Mabel reminded me that she tried crowing once, and decided to give it a go again. It's the most awful sound, not a proper crow, but it's loud and got me downstairs quicker. Seriously an actual rooster would be quieter than my hens.

I don't know what they have for Queensland only pet transport, but the 2 I've used only go north of rockhampton a few times a year.

Yay for me. In spite of the heat and an afternoon storm that cooled things down but raised the humidity I have made a nesting box. I don't think I'd win any prizes for my woodwork but it's done. I've had fun and learnt heaps through trial and error along the way.

Three bays is probably a bit of overkill. We only have 5 chooks at the moment and one has a dozen chicks and another one is broody.

We have a tiered backyard and my plan is to place this on top of the retaining wall so the wife can collect the eggs without entering the chook pen.

Last edited:
Yay for me. In spite of the heat and an afternoon storm that cooled things down but raised the humidity I have made a nesting box. I don't think I'd win any prizes for my woodwork but it's done. I've had fun and learnt heaps through trial and error along the way.

Three bays is probably a bit of overkill. We only have 5 chooks at the moment and one has a dozen chicks and another one is broody.

We have a tiered backyard and my plan is to place this on top of the retaining wall so the wife can collect the eggs without entering the chook pen.

Nice looking box. Should cope with up to about 24 hens.
Let us know how well the roll a way feature works once the hens get used to it.

Well done. That looks great. I tried to convince hubby to make me roll away ones once but as he doesn't actually collect eggs he didn't see the need for it . :he

Ah yep Animal Ark, that's who I was thinking of.

Well, no relief until the weekend from the heat, though the last lot of rain which turned our yard into a shallow lake has given the nasturtium seeds I planted a super boost, they've already sprouted after a few days. It was supposed to take a fortnight! Pretty happy with that, and more grass has grown too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom