Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Wow! She looks so much better @kattfink . And gold! She looked red in the first pic you posted. Is she sleeping with the other chooks? Maybe you could get chicken blinkers for the perpetrator. @MaryJanet who was it that posted a picture of those a while back?

Ummm I think it was @CrazyChookChookLady who mentioned the blinders. I think they're called "pinless peepers"

Hi all, new member here, from that funny little island that I swear sometimes feels like a different country...

Currently struggling with rain and mud making a mess of my new silkies. Have just ordered a couple of marquee tents to put over the worst areas of the run, hopefully that will help a bit. If anyone else has any silkies or other breeds with feathers that struggle with the wet and live in rainy areas have any suggestions I would love to hear from you.
I also laid wood shavings on the worst areas too which seems to help.

Ummm I think it was @CrazyChookChookLady who mentioned the blinders. I think they're called "pinless peepers"

Thanks MJ and @CrazyChookChookLady .:thumbsup

@kattfink here's what they look like:

upload_2019-8-23_21-56-54.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HO0Y3MY/?tag=backy-20

Hi all, new member here, from that funny little island that I swear sometimes feels like a different country...

Currently struggling with rain and mud making a mess of my new silkies. Have just ordered a couple of marquee tents to put over the worst areas of the run, hopefully that will help a bit. If anyone else has any silkies or other breeds with feathers that struggle with the wet and live in rainy areas have any suggestions I would love to hear from you.

Welcome! :frow

I saw a video where someone recommended sphagnum moss for waterlogged areas if that's any use.

Hi @Elliebeans ! Nice to meet you :frow I love Tassie and I was in Hobart in February and I hope to be down there for a couple of days later in the year. Such natural beauty in the tassie wilderness. I hope those awful summer fires weren't near your place.

I think the marquee will make an improvement. Unfortunately I'm a bit clueless wrt chickens and mud because my place is on sand. But I'm sure other folks will chime in with advice.

I'd love to see a photo of your chooks if you've got one handy :)

Back
Top Bottom