Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hey guys, anybody have experience with mareks? How fast is it? My young chicken with the hurt leg is getting worse. I took her to the vet a week ago and she said she Didn't think it was mareks but I'm not so sure. She can't wall on either leg now, she gasps when she drinks, is alert but constantly falls asleep and she's just shivering. I have her inside wrapped in a towel and I'm feeding her scrambled eggs but I'm really worried if it's mareks that my beloved Booker and giraffe might catch it :'(
Until yesterday, she's been with three others that are perfectly fine.
I've come to terms with the fact that she may die or need to be put down but I think I will just fall apart if giraffe and Booker get sick :(

Last edited:
Hey guys, anybody have experience with mareks? How fast is it? My young chicken with the hurt leg is getting worse. I took her to the vet a week ago and she said she Didn't think it was mareks but I'm not so sure. She can't wall on either leg now, she gasps when she drinks, is alert but constantly falls asleep and she's just shivering. I have her inside wrapped in a towel and I'm feeding her scrambled eggs but I'm really worried if it's mareks that my beloved Booker and giraffe might catch it :'(
I've come to terms with the fact that she may die or need to be put down but I think I will just fall apart if giraffe and Booker get sick :(

Has it's eye colour changed? When they have mareks there eye colour changes and it also goes a bit cloudy.

Here are the pics of my blue laced red Wyandotte that I promised .

Last one looks a bit rude, now that I think about it.

Pinky, is there any chance that it could be a deficiency of some kind? I keep a bottle of pentavite without iron on hand for the young ones. I do hope it's not mareks.

I've come to terms with the fact that she may die or need to be put down but I think I will just fall apart if giraffe and Booker get sick
sad.png
It could be anything- not necessarily Mareks.
You should give her antibiotics.

xxxx M

Question about egg frequency. We seem to be getting an average of 2 eggs from 7 chooks lately. Does that sound a bit low??

We did get back up to 5 yesterday but then today just one?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom