Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Ok guys so to add to my question does an incubator chew up a lot of electricity and does it make the bills sky rocket, I just candled my eggs and only.. ONE!.. Out of a dozen is growing :hit  I'm so upset.. Will the only chick even survive as a baby without any siblings?..

I would candle again at day 14. I look like i may only get one out of these last lot of pekin eggs. I had two but one was looking iffy.(lockdown tonight so i'll re-candle then). While one is not ideal it will be ok. I would add a stuffed teddy bear to the brooder to give it something to snuggle with.

Hens have only been home with us just on 24hrs just went out to check on them and found our first egg.... First milestone passed lol Problem is whoever laid the egg laid it on the ground in the corner of the coop, not in the flash nesting box which is about 1m off the ground with a ladder and roost to make access easy. :-/

Grats on the first egg Millsy :)

Hi all I am new to byc and from newcastle nsw just thought I would say hi to all the fellow Aussies :)

Back
Top Bottom