Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

Awwwww Millsy they are gorgeous :) And I think anyone would get attached to them :)

1 person likes this.
  2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Lovely polish. We had one years ago a girl, son called it martin. He named it after hubbys boss who is polish even though it was a girl lol.

1 person likes this.
  3. megacakes

megacakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Surely you'd have to call a Polish rooster Mr Sheen!

1 person likes this.
  4. Millsy

Millsy Out Of The Brooder

Hmmm new chooks driving me nuts. One of the frizzles keeps pecking the polish in the head not to mention pecking the other frizzle hopefully they just sorting out pecking order…. but dam this girl is a cranky pants.[​IMG]

5. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Yep frizzle pekins and pekins have a little bit of attitude sometimes. Should settle down in a few days.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  6. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Barnevelder fertile eggs just down the road for $20. I think that's cheap and they won't be pure but should be ok to test the Bator with. Hydrometer arrived and the Bator held humidity and temp well. Time to take it for a whorl

7. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    [​IMG]

From left are the 2 d'uccles the other 2 black ones are the mottled pekins and the white/yellow is the one i hatched.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  8. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Good luck. :)

9. TheChookPatch

TheChookPatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2013
    Soooo sad, we have to move from our beautiful farm :( Now I have the horrible task of choosing who will come with us to the next place. If I can't find a farm I do not know what we are going to do... I'm so scared I'm going to lose all my birds or have to move to a different rural area and have to change the kids schools etc. And I had been so excited because I had just lined up mandarin ducks to replace my beloved call ducks... Any one have a spare farm to rent?!!

10. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Oh my goodness those babies are so cute!.. I have 6 Barnevelder eggs on the way! Here's hoping they grow! Good luck with yours Ben! :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by