Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Tee hee Millsy .. wanna swap for a cranky Langshan?!

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Well that was fun - NOT! We just had a huge storm go through, torrential rain and yep, Cilla did not take the bubbies into the dry coop but decided to shelter under some shade-cloth (not waterproof). I had to don the rain coat and crawl into a muddy run picking up soggy babies and mumma and putting them into the coop. Thunder, lightening, torrential rain and useless rain coat; I reckon I would have been a very funny sight! Then I'm still out there drying them as well as I could with a chamois and they are now tucked up in their dry coop on dry straw. They seem to be drying out. Poor little munchkins were shivering a little before I ran the chamois over them but not so much now. I think they are going to be OK; I, on the other hand, look like a half drowned rat and will probably catch a chill. Bourbon time I reckon!

3. Millsy

Millsy Out Of The Brooder

Question time again friends. One of my commercial layer looked like it was gonna take a dump but turned out laying a what looked like an unformed egg. I'm new to all this, she has laid 4 days in a row nice looking eggs and didn't lay yesterday them today whilst I was down with them outta the pen that happened. So is that normal or should I worry?

4. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Quite normal to see various shaped and textured eggs when they first come into lay. Anything from a " fart " egg to a rubber, soft shelled egg.

2 people like this.
  5. Millsy

I thought I had read that it was normal for a young chook just starting to lay just wanted to check with the experts thanks so much for the quick reply

6. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Hardly an expert, just a chook lover!

7. Millsy

My Chicken raising experience is a massive 10 days so any help given by anyone makes them and expert in my opinion [​IMG] GREAT BUNCH OF MEMBERS ON THIS FORUM [​IMG]

8. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

The things we do for them lol

Hopefully they are all snuggled up and dry now :/)

9. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Thought I'd get some pics today, being as it's going to rain again tomorrow . Here are some of the the silkie clan.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

Awww they are gorgeous fancy :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by