Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hmmm new chooks driving me nuts. One of the frizzles keeps pecking the polish in the head not to mention pecking the other frizzle hopefully they just sorting out pecking order…. but dam this girl is a cranky pants.
he.gif
Tee hee Millsy .. wanna swap for a cranky Langshan?!

Well that was fun - NOT! We just had a huge storm go through, torrential rain and yep, Cilla did not take the bubbies into the dry coop but decided to shelter under some shade-cloth (not waterproof). I had to don the rain coat and crawl into a muddy run picking up soggy babies and mumma and putting them into the coop. Thunder, lightening, torrential rain and useless rain coat; I reckon I would have been a very funny sight! Then I'm still out there drying them as well as I could with a chamois and they are now tucked up in their dry coop on dry straw. They seem to be drying out. Poor little munchkins were shivering a little before I ran the chamois over them but not so much now. I think they are going to be OK; I, on the other hand, look like a half drowned rat and will probably catch a chill. Bourbon time I reckon!

Question time again friends. One of my commercial layer looked like it was gonna take a dump but turned out laying a what looked like an unformed egg. I'm new to all this, she has laid 4 days in a row nice looking eggs and didn't lay yesterday them today whilst I was down with them outta the pen that happened. So is that normal or should I worry?

Question time again friends. One of my commercial layer looked like it was gonna take a dump but turned out laying a what looked like an unformed egg. I'm new to all this, she has laid 4 days in a row nice looking eggs and didn't lay yesterday them today whilst I was down with them outta the pen that happened. So is that normal or should I worry?

Quite normal to see various shaped and textured eggs when they first come into lay. Anything from a " fart " egg to a rubber, soft shelled egg.

[COLOR=333333]Well that was fun - NOT! We just had a huge storm go through, torrential rain and yep, Cilla did not take the bubbies into the dry coop but decided to shelter under some shade-cloth (not waterproof). I had to don the rain coat and crawl into a muddy run picking up soggy babies and mumma and putting them into the coop. Thunder, lightening, torrential rain and useless rain coat; I reckon I would have been a very funny sight! Then I'm still out there drying them as well as I could with a chamois and they are now tucked up in their dry coop on dry straw. They seem to be drying out. Poor little munchkins were shivering a little before I ran the chamois over them but not so much now. I think they are going to be OK; I, on the other hand, look like a half drowned rat and will probably catch a chill. Bourbon time I reckon![/COLOR]

The things we do for them lol

Hopefully they are all snuggled up and dry now :/)

Back
Top Bottom