Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Wow! I wondered how he got up there! None of my tribe fly so that is just mind boggling for me!
    Ditto on appps question .. any chance he might fall out?

2. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

Never did, he just roosted up there with her. Welcome to my "funny farm". :old

Another of my strange happenings.

[​IMG]

3. Teila

lols rexy; is she broody in there or is that just where she likes to camp out?

4. rexy

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

She learnt to come through the cat door, and my partner liked having her there. I let her lay there a couple of times as I wanted to see what colour her eggs were. She is a Marans, so I needed to know. Wouldn't have been so bad, but she had to scratch around and kick most of the shavings out. That is my dining table, though these days it is used more to house the incubator and brooder than anything else.

5. Teila

That is cute! Don't you mean the chicken-door? lol. I would love to be able to have my girls inside but so would our two indoor cats! I have enough trouble keeping cat litter from working it's way all through the house, shavings as well would just totally mess with my head!

6. rexy

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
    My partner asked me where she was yesterday, cos he was missing her coming inside. :he Course he doesn't do any of the cleaning up. But I sold her a couple of days ago, and I knew exactly what colour egg she would lay, so the buyer was very happy. :D

I don't actually want any inside. Dogs and cats are enough. Thank god for tiles. :p

Sounds like your house is much more normal.

7. rexy

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
  8. Ashburnham

Ashburnham Chillin' With My Peeps

A Silver Laced Wyandotte pen, a Light Sussex pen and another Araucana run.

xxxx M

1 person likes this.
  9. Teila

Normal? What's that? The majority of our house is carpet. Two cats, one of which is fluffy. I am flat out keeping up with the kitten-sized lumps of fur she keeps dropping. Come into my house in thongs and walk out looking like you are wearing ugg boots! lol

lolz rexy, I can picture my hubbies face now if I was to tell him I wanted ducks as well! Not to mention my patient and understanding neighbours. Having said that, they are just adorable; are they yours?

10. rexy

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
    No, just saw them and thought they were really cute. 20cm high is little.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by