Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

My brooder set up for the youngest babies. It has a bathroom style heat globe running through a dimmer, that has lasted 8 hatches so far.
It is backed up by a ceramic reptle globe running through a thermostat that will only turn on if the other globe blows.
Two weeks in there and thay are moved to a 2 X 3 metres fully enclosed shed with a Bellsouth ceramic globe that
has so far been running for 22 years!
Bunnings sell desk lamps for about $5 with the ceramic bulb holders.

My brooder set up for the youngest babies. It has a bathroom style heat globe running through a dimmer, that has lasted 8 hatches so far. It is backed up by a ceramic reptle globe running through a thermostat that will only turn on if the other globe blows. Two weeks in there and thay are moved to a 2 X 3 metres fully enclosed shed with a Bellsouth ceramic globe that has so far been running for 22 years! Bunnings sell desk lamps for about $5 with the ceramic bulb holders.
22 years Ash.. Wow you have got some value out of that haven't you :)

Quote: She just looks more of a soft reddy brown around the neck. My clay is the same.

Hi everyone, I have a quick question, does anyone know if you can get Lavender Silkies in Australia? Or does the colour come under another name here?
I'm sure there would be Lavender Silkies here even if they aren't 'lavender' colour there are still Silkies that are the same colour.

I think she could be by the looks of the pics I have seen on the net Luke. Are you still selling yours? How far from Byron bay are u? Travel distance I mean.

Last edited:
I know the rough area rexy I was just checking (wishfully lol) as my sister in law has a block of land in wyong wyong I think it is called. May have been able to get her to get them for me if Luke still had them for sale. Not sure how far that is from his place though.

I don't know anything about silkies but I think Fancy has them so she should be able to offer you some advice when she is on.

Lavender is a recessive gene. Unless you can find someone that has a project that is breeding true, even if you breed blue to blue you may not get blue, depending on whether or not they are splits. I was so excited when I hatched 2 , but to my dismay they feathered out pure white. My hen is blue , but to the untrained eye she would be mistaken for black.

Back
Top Bottom