Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Stunning :love

2. Bens-Hens

Bens-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

The Ara's are very cool!

A quick question for the sellers out there, what is a 11 week old FWM roo worth? I have three and was just asked if I wanted to sell one (which I do) but I have no idea what they are worth! They also asked about making it a pair, so keen to know what they would go for too.

Hatched ourselves from eggs 5-6 on the Maran scale, shank feathering ranged from light to heavy over the six birds we have if that makes an impact on price.

Thanks in advance, Ben

3. Ashburnham

Ashburnham Chillin' With My Peeps

Are you a member of some of the local Facebook groups for buying and selling chooks?
    It will give you a better idea. At this time of year lots of people have roosters and cant even give them away!

4. Bens-Hens

Bens-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks Ash, I have looked over some, but the prices seem all over the place. Checked chooknet and some were $65 a pair and other were giving them away if they bought a pullet!

I think I will just go for an average price, I am flexible but at the end of the day, I just want to have paid my out of pocket expenses for the hatch.

5. Anniebee

Anniebee Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh my .... I do so love some of the colours you have got there with your Araucanas. They are precious perky little darlings. Lovely to see them ......
    Cheers .. AB.

6. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    HELLOOOO! Arghhh been so long since I've been online! Work has been crazy anddd been very busy with the new little chicks! [​IMG] First hatch went well! We ended up having 15 fertile and had 13 hatch! One I didn't expect to hatch as I candled it and felt it stopped growing around day 12 but I left it in just in case and sadly the other little one just never came out [​IMG]

BUT! Here's some pics of my new little bubs! At the moment they're inside in our dining room hehe but I do have another house set up for them, right now though we love having them inside, we've all become obsessed with them! My mum was be-sodded when they hatched haha we even got a little teary! They really are the sweetest little things and all very healthy so far.

We have Barnevelders, Plymouths and Australorps in the mix [​IMG]

Hope you've all been well! Missed my chook made Aussie mates hahaha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Well done with your first hatch Sydney, I'd been wondering where you had got to.

8. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Too cute Sydney , I will have 2 more by morning and will be 8. I started with 12. 10 looked ok at lock down 8 hatched by morning.

I have to say a big thanks to Satay for the advise and support today !

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  9. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    well done syd. Your chicks are too cute..:woot

10. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    You've done fantastic Sam :) I did not do much, except offer snake pictures as support (oh that's right that was for your hubby not you) :lau
    Oh and Sam. Hubby decided if matilda ends up being a boy I should call it Uncle Sam.... :lau Hope you don't mind having a roo named after you :lol:

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by